Toyota Canada year-to-date sales up 21.1%
- Record-breaking sales momentum continues for hybrids, while Lexus has best November ever
- Toyota Canada sets record for annual truck sales
TORONTO, Dec. 3, 2012 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 14,512 Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles in November, in line with November 2011 sales of 14,563 and year-to-date sales at 179,854, an increase of 21.1%.
TCI reported a record-setting month in November for TCI truck sales (7,019), that led to an all-time best annual total with 79,376 sold as of November 30. Lexus also recorded a best-ever November, with 1,286 vehicles sold, an increase of 11.2% versus 2011.
In addition, November was a record month for TCI hybrids, with 1,381 sold. That represented 9.5% of total TCI sales. Year-to-date, 16,330 hybrids have been sold, eclipsing, with a month to go, the previous annual best of 13,546 set in 2008.
Toyota sales highlights for November 2012 (vs. November 2011)
- Toyota sales: 12,811
- Toyota passenger car sales: 6,420
- Yaris Hatch sales: 634 (up 27.6%)
- Corolla sales: 2,976 (up 4.1%)
- Toyota truck sales: 6,391 (up 1.8%) :: New November record :: 7th straight month of record sales :: Best year ever for Toyota trucks with year-to-date sales of 72,213
Tacoma 4x4 sales: 859 (up 29%):: New November record :: 4th straight month of record sales :: New annual sales record of 8,720 (up
Canadian-built RAV4 sales: 2,017 (up 4%)
4Runner sales: 237 (up 12.9%)
Sequoia sales: 101 (up 34.7%)
- Sienna sales: 955 (up 9.6%)
- Toyota hybrid sales: 1,124 (up 88.9%) :: New November record
- Prius family sales: 750 (up 100%) :: New November record
Prius v sales: 312 (up 19.5%): New November record
- Prius c sales: 158 :: Accounted for 15.3% of overall TCI subcompact sales in November
Highlander Hybrid sales: 126 (up 15.6%) :: New November record
- Camry Hybrid sales: 248 (up 123.4%)
"We are proud to have set an all-time record for hybrid sales," said Tony Wearing, Senior Managing Director, Toyota Canada Inc. "We are particularly excited that Canadians are attracted to the Prius family, up 100% from last year. Prius represents the future of personal mobility, offering a unique hybrid advantage under a proven and iconic brand."
Lexus sales highlights for November 2012
- Lexus luxury sales: 1,286 (up 11.2%) :: New November record
- GS 350 sales: 64 (up 814.3%) :: New November record
- ES 350 sales: 236 (up 77.4%)
- Lexus hybrid sales: 257 (up 3.6%) :: New November record :: Hybrid models accounted for 20% of Lexus sales in November
- Lexus luxury SUV sales: 628 :: Year to date 7,163 (up 7.7%)
- RX 450h sales: 50 :: Year to date 680 (up 9.9%)
- LX sales: 20 (up 185.7%) :: Year to date 245 (up 135.6%)
"It was another record month for Lexus and the new GS was a big part of that," said Cyril Dimitris, Director, Lexus Canada. "The GS continues to stand head and shoulders above its competitive set, demonstrating our new direction for Lexus while building on our industry-leading Lexus values."
Scion sales highlights for November 2012 (vs. November 2011)
- Scion sales: 415 :: New full-year record increased to 5,322
- xD sales: 78 (up 27.9%) : New November record
"Youthful urbanites are gravitating toward Scion in increasing numbers," said Larry Hutchinson, Senior Executive Director. "In just two years, Scion has become a leading brand for cars that are small, well-equipped, well priced and can be distinctively personalized."
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every vehicle starting in 2011. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI's head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.
SOURCE Toyota Canada Inc.
More by this Source
Toyota Canada Inc. sets annual record for truck sales
Dec 03, 2013, 15:34 ET
Toyota Canada September sales rise on strength of new Toyota, Lexus and Scion models
Oct 01, 2013, 13:38 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.