TracFone Is the Top Wireless Carrier in Customer Experience Ratings, According to New Temkin Group Research
Large-Scale Research Study Rates More Than 200 Companies Across 18 Industries Based on Feedback Survey of 10,000 U.S. Consumers
WABAN, Mass., March 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- A new research report published by Temkin Group, 2012 Temkin Experience Ratings, rates the customer experience of 206 large companies across 18 industries. This is the second year that Temkin Group has released these ratings. The research, which is based on a survey of 10,000 U.S. consumers in January 2012, includes seven wireless carriers: AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, TracFone, US Cellular, Verizon Wireless, and Virgin Mobile.
TracFone was the top rated carrier, but only received an "okay" rating. AT&T, Verizon Wireless, and Sprint also earned "okay" ratings while the remaining carriers were rated "poor."
The average ratings for the wireless carriers placed it 13th out of 18 industries in the study. Temkin Group also analyzed the changes between 2011 and 2012 and found that customer experience in the wireless industry improved over the previous year. Led by Virgin Mobile and TracFone, all six carriers that were in both the 2011 and 2012 Temkin Experience Ratings had improved ratings. Sprint fell behind the other carriers with only a very slight improvement since last year.
"Customer experience improved across the entire wireless industry, but there's still a long way to go," states Bruce Temkin, author of the report and Managing Partner of Temkin Group.
The Temkin Experience Ratings evaluates three dimensions of customer experience:
- Functional: Does the company meet consumers' needs?
- Accessible: How easy is it for consumers to do what they are trying to do?
- Emotional: How do consumers feel about their interactions with companies?
Other highlights from the research include:
- TracFone and Verizon Wireless received the highest Functional ratings, while T-Mobile received the lowest. Virgin Mobile had the largest increase in this area while Sprint had the largest decline.
- TracFone and Verizon Wireless received the highest Accessible ratings, while Virgin Mobile and T-Mobile received the lowest. TracFone had the largest increase in this area while T-Mobile had the largest decline.
- TracFone received the highest Emotional ratings, while T-Mobile and US Cellular received the lowest. Virgin Mobile had the largest increase in this area while T-Mobile had the smallest.
This report can be accessed from the Temkin Group website at http://www.temkingroup.com or from the blog, Customer Experience Matters, at http://experiencematters.wordpress.com. The data can be accessed from the Temkin Ratings website, http://www.temkinratings.com.
For more information about Temkin Group, visit http://www.temkingroup.com.
About the author, Bruce Temkin
Bruce Temkin is widely recognized as a customer experience thought leader and is Customer Experience Transformist and Managing Partner of the Temkin Group. He is also the author of a very popular blog, Customer Experience Matters. Prior to forming Temkin Group, he was a VP at Forrester Research for 12 years. Bruce is a highly demanded speaker who consistently receives high marks for his content-rich, entertaining keynote addresses. He is also the co-founder and Chair of the Customer Experience Professionals Association (CXPA.org), a global non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of customer experience management.
About Temkin Group
Temkin Group is a leading customer experience research and consulting firm with one simple goal for its clients: increase customer loyalty by becoming more customer-centric. The company combines customer experience thought leadership with a deep understanding of the dynamics of large organizations to help senior executives accelerate their customer experience results. For more information, contact Bruce Temkin at 617-916-2075 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Temkin Group