Travel Ticker Reveals Its Hottest Vacation Deals for Labor Day Weekend
Survey Finds Travelers Vacationing More and Looking for Destinations Near and Far This Holiday Weekend
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Travel Ticker®, a leading inspirational travel website, has released its top five suggested destinations for a Labor Day getaway based on its recent Summer Travel Intentions Survey. The survey indicates that many travelers are planning to take multiple summer trips this year. In order to help those customers find just the right deals, Travel Ticker also asked what kind of trips they'd most want for the last remaining holiday of the summer.
According to the survey, 79 percent of respondents will be traveling this summer, with over 40 percent looking to take multiple vacations during the season. For many, Labor Day represents their last chance for a getaway, so they are sure to be searching for the best trip options, but what kind of trip options? The top two choices for those travelers were a short trip close to home (42 percent) and a bigger trip to a destination where you need a little more time off and a flight to get there (20 percent). As a result, Travel Ticker got to work finding the best vacation deals to suit travelers this Labor Day weekend.
"At Travel Ticker, we do our best to handpick deals that match what our travelers are looking for, and our Summer Travel Intentions Survey has helped us pinpoint the best destinations for a perfect Labor Day weekend getaway," said Barbara Messing, General Manager of Travel Ticker. "Whether you want to vacation near home or travel somewhere more exotic, the long weekend is a great time to take advantage of the last bit of summer vacation season – and at a great price."
To help travelers find their Labor Day weekend destination, Travel Ticker put together five unforgettable deals. The destinations are sure to please those looking to stay close to home or get out of dodge.
Chicago: Those in the Midwest can discover the Windy City's diverse entertainment options while reveling in the summer heat and enjoying fantastic beaches.
- Exclusive 35% off AAA Four Diamond Chicago stay -- $129+: The AAA Four Diamond Hotel Monaco in downtown Chicago is now $129 a night -- a rate you won't find anywhere else. Upgrade to a suite for only $50 more. Valid select dates, now-October 31.
New Orleans: Those in the South can make their way down to the Bayou, where the festive, warm nights and traditional Cajun and Creole cuisine are sure to spice things up.
- $69 New Orleans hotel near the French Quarter, incl. weekends: Stay close to it all at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside for $69, any night. You'll be steps from the Riverwalk and a trolley stop at 35% off. Valid August 13-September 24.
San Diego: Those on the West Coast can travel to the number one city for best weather. This quintessential SoCal beach spot will allow for an oceanside big-city getaway with a small-town feel.
- San Diego exclusive: 40% off chic downtown hotel, from $89: Find endless sun this fall and "winter" in San Diego and stay downtown surrounded by all the action. The upscale Sofia Hotel starts at just $89 on select dates, August 5-December 30.
Washington, D.C.: Those on the East Coast can find out what makes our nation's capital one of the hottest places to visit this summer, and give their family an educational experience that will leave lasting memories.
- Exclusive D.C.: 40% off 4.5-star hotel with upgrade -- $119+: Stay at the super-luxurious Fairfax at Embassy Row in Washington, D.C.'s Dupont Circle from $119. This deal is just for Travel Ticker readers and includes an upgrade to a grand deluxe room. Travel August 4-November 28.
Costa Rica: For those looking to go a little further and wanting to experience a little more adventure, trek down to explore the wonders of zip lining through the rain forest and walking through a volcano.
- Costa Rica: lowest rates at luxury all-inclusive resort, $139+: The 4-star, all-inclusive Paradisus Playa Conchal in Costa Rica just reduced rates to an incredibly low $139 per person. In fact, we've never seen rates this low. Valid August 16-December 17 with no blackout dates.
To see more hot deals for the holiday weekend, check out Travel Ticker's Labor Day deal page: http://www.travel-ticker.com/Theme/Labor_Day_Away
*Prices per night and based on availability at time of booking. Other restrictions may apply. Please see site for more details.
Travel Ticker is an online inspirational travel website that is home to some of the best insider deals at many of the world's favorite destinations. With an ear to the ground and an eye for the unique, Travel Ticker's experts provide users with a platform to browse for researched travel bargains, the latest travel trends, and editorial insight. Established in 2006 as a travel newsletter and in 2008 as a standalone website, Travel Ticker boasts more than 11.5 million subscribers. Travel Ticker is an independent business unit of The Hotwire Group. For more information, visit us at http://www.travel-ticker.com/ and follow us on Twitter (@travel_ticker).
Travel Ticker, travel-ticker.com, and the Travel Ticker logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Hotwire, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other logos or product and company names mentioned herein may be the property of their respective owners. © 2010 Hotwire, Inc. All rights reserved. CST# 2053390-40
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.