BOSTON, May 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Cinco de Mayo is one of those holidays that seems to get bigger every year. For those who love music, delicious food and classic Mexican cocktails, it's a great opportunity to have a little fun, often with a squeeze of lime.
If you find yourself in an airport terminal this Friday, May 5th, and wonder where the fiesta is, fear not! Cheapflights.com, the leader in finding and publishing online travel deals, has scouted out the Mexican-themed bars and restaurants closest to the runways for easy access to tequila and tacos in 10 top airport bars for celebrating Cinco de Mayo on the fly.
Here are a few places travelers can find Cinco de Mayo goodness on the go:
- Portland International Airport, Portland, Oregon – Did you know there are over 200 different tequilas? Well now you do, and, at Sandoval's Tequila Grill in Portland, Ore., you can try them all (not recommended). Sip them on the rocks or have them blended into your favorite spicy cocktail.
Location: Concourse C
Drink this: Cazadores Reposado tequila sampler, a 100% blue agave blend aged in a white oak cask.
- Denver International Airport, Denver, Colorado – While Denver is known as a beer town (and even has its own airport brewery), there are also a few cocktail spots to keep you entertained before heading to your gate. We picked Denver's Que Bueno!, an affordable quick-serve pit stop with freshly made burritos and tasty margaritas.
Location: B gates near Gate B52
Drink this: Sip on the Fresh Jalapeno Margarita for a spicy twist on a classic.
- George Bush International Airport, Houston, Texas – With over 30 years of famous Tex-Mex cuisine, the small but mighty Pappsito is known for flavor and freshness. Tasty margaritas, tacos and nachos put this Houston pick on our list.
Location: Terminal A
Drink this: If you're feeling fancy, try the Grand Gold Margarita, made with Jose Cuervo gold tequila, orange liqueur and topped with freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Toronto Pearson International Airport, Toronto, Ontario – Apropos has breakfast burritos, fresh fish tacos and guacamole on their menu, which is exactly what you're looking for from Cinco de Mayo airport fare. Stop by for a quick bite and a refreshing cocktail next time you're in Toronto.
Location: Terminal 1 near gate F62
Drink this: A Mexican-inspired take on the Bloody Caesar, the Apropos Caesar features tequila, celery and sriracha.
- Chicago O'Hare Airport, Chicago, Illinois – In-house guacamole and hand-crafted margaritas? Yes, please. Chicago's Tortas Frontera is a highly reviewed walk-up that has amazing Mexican food, and there's typically a long line to prove it. Trust us, it's worth the wait, and the line moves quickly. You'll have a fresh drink in hand, stat.
Location: Terminal 1, 3 & 5
Drink this: Tortas Frontera claims to have the best margarita you could find in any airport, so choose anything.
On top of those choice spots, here are five more places you'll find a salt-rimmed margarita glass with your name on it: Barrio Cafe, Phoenix Key Harbor Airport; Baron Rojo, Mexico City International Airport; Tequileria, Dallas/Ft Worth International Airport; Andale, Oakland International Airport and Jose Cuervo Tequileria, Charlotte Douglas International Airport. If those airports aren't in your plans, you still have options. We have a bonus DIY margarita recipe you can whip up on the plane. For more details and Cheapflights.com's complete list of 10 top airport bars for celebrating Cinco de Mayo on the fly, head to www.cheapflights.com/news/airports-with-the-best-tequila-margaritas.
About Cheapflights.com, part of the Momondo Group
Founded in 1996, Cheapflights is a leading global flight comparison and deals publishing platform. It is now a market leader in the UK, U.S., Canada, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand generating over $3 billion in global downstream revenue for its partners as it expands into numerous other territories. More than 120 million users visit its websites and apps each year, receiving more than two billion search results a month from across 900,000 routes. The 10 million strong opt-in subscribers to the Cheapflights newsletter receive the best deals from over 120 travel businesses – for whom it has driven more than $65 million in revenue this year. Together, the Cheapflights platforms generate enough bookings for its partners to fill a Boeing 747 every five minutes.
In 2011, Cheapflights became part of the privately owned online travel search and inspiration network, Momondo Group.
Follow us on:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/traveling-on-cinco-de-mayo-cheapflightscom-has-you-covered-300449660.html