COLUMBIA, S.C., March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TreatMyUTI.com was founded by a group of like-minded physicians who recognize that, in today's evolving world of healthcare, an emphasis will be placed on treatment plans that are safe, efficient, and cost effective. This plan of diagnosis and urinary tract infection treatment is the first in a series of health issue diagnosis and treatment services that will be offered.
It has been shown that women with the symptoms of burning and frequency of urination, without symptoms of vaginitis, have a greater than 90% chance of being diagnosed with a lower urinary tract infection (bladder infection). A visit to a healthcare provider's office, that includes an examination and series of lab tests, has not been proven to be more accurate over diagnosing a UTI than by history alone.
- Symptoms include burning, frequency, and urgency of urination.
- Approximately 7,000,000 doctor's visits annually at a cost of over $1 billion.
- At least one half of all women will have a urinary tract infection.
- Many patients will develop chronic UTIs with several recurrences each year.
- Uncomplicated UTIs respond and are cured over 90% of the time with 3 days of antibiotic treatment.
- Home remedies may help prevent UTIs, but do not effectively cure bacterial infections. Antibiotics are needed for the rapid and complete cure of a UTI.
UTI Treatment is convenient, safe, and affordable. It just takes three simple steps:
- Visit the website to take a brief online assessment to register and start the process.
- Order your consult and the physician will contact the patient to gather the required information to make a diagnosis.
- If appropriate, the patient makes a trip to the pharmacy to get the prescribed course of treatment
Dr. Thu, Chairman of the advisory board and physician partner of TreatMyUTI.com said: "With just a few clicks on your computer and a few minutes of your time, the diagnosis and treatment of an uncomplicated UTI can be made. The entire staff of TreatMyUTI.com is proud to be a part of this safe, effective and affordable alternative for UTI treatment."