Tribune Company Launches 'Faces of Cancer...Faces That Care' Integrated Media Program Commemorates 25th Anniversary of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
CHICAGO, Oct. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Tribune Company today launched "Faces of Cancer...Faces that Care," an integrated media program across its newspapers, online and mobile sites as part of a corporate commitment to commemorate the 25th anniversary of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October 2010).
"This marks the first time Tribune has created a national platform to carry expanded content across its newspapers," said Don Meek, executive vice president and chief revenue officer for the company's interactive and publishing divisions. "We're pleased to create a robust program for such a worthy cause."
The campaign includes:
- A special section to be published Oct. 10, that showcases news, feature and service stories on breast cancer.
- Dedicated online and mobile content that will appear throughout the month of October.
- A "Faces of Cancer...Faces that Care" microsite, www.facesofcancerfacesthatcare.com, that debuts today. The site hosts an Honor Gallery where visitors can recognize the efforts of their friends, loved ones, family members, caregivers and other advocates and supporters of the cause. It also links to several breast cancer organizations through which visitors can support in the fight against the disease.
- A "Faces of Cancer...Faces that Care" Facebook page where visitors can share stories and connect with others who are involved with and support the cause.
- Tribune Tower, a historic landmark in downtown Chicago, will be lit pink throughout the month of October in recognition of the honorees and to raise overall awareness of the cause.
Amgen, a leading human therapeutics company in the biotechnology industry, has signed on as a national corporate sponsor for the campaign. In addition, a variety of health and wellness-related advertisers, as well as many other advertisers, are participating at the local level.
Tribune is America's largest employee-owned media company, operating businesses in publishing, interactive and broadcasting. In publishing, Tribune's leading daily newspapers include the Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, The Baltimore Sun, Sun Sentinel (South Florida), Orlando Sentinel, Hartford Courant, Morning Call and Daily Press. The company's broadcasting group operates 23 television stations, WGN America on national cable and Chicago's WGN-AM. Popular news and information websites complement Tribune's print and broadcast properties and extend the company's nationwide audience. At Tribune we take what we do seriously and with a great deal of pride. We also value the creative spirit and nurture a corporate culture that doesn't take itself too seriously.
SOURCE Tribune Company