SAN JOSE, Calif., June 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Networks (Nasdaq: EXTR) today announced the Troy School District in Troy, Michigan has chosen Extreme Networks to deliver campus-wide wireless coverage with 802.11ac performance. The Extreme Networks' solution extends the district's Wi-Fi beyond the boundaries of the classroom, while affording better visibility into the network with Extreme Networks' Purview.
With achievement levels among the best in Michigan and the nation, the district strives to provide the best resources available to prepare students for the future, and technology is no exception. As technology continues to play a pivotal role in the learning process for the students of the Troy School District, there is an increasing demand for wireless access that requires the support of its more than 12,000 students across twenty schools. The district selected Extreme Networks' IdentiFi™ Wireless to address the challenges of scalability and intensified traffic growth. Troy School District can now better equip students for success, supporting trends such as BYOD and online learning with optimized performance, visibility and control.
- With Purview, the Troy School District is able to increase visibility into their application use across the network, helping the district ultimately improve the experience of students and faculty, and has the ability to optimize application performance for best-in-class reliability.
- Extreme implemented both wired and wireless 802.11ac, enabling school-wide Wi-Fi with secured access for students, faculty and administration.
- The entire network will be managed through Extreme Networks' NetSight® management suite, including Mobile IAM for BYOD visibility and control over users and devices.
- The NetSight console provides an integrated management suite and increased visibility of the campus-wide wired and wireless network, while Mobile IAM provides the IT department a way to manage the proliferation of devices coming onto the network.
Mark Washington, Director of Technology, Troy School District
"As a leader in instructional technologies, it was imperative that we have a system in place to support the four high schools, four middle schools and twelve elementary schools throughout our district. Extreme stood out as a solution that would enable us to face the challenges of growth and scalability head on, and provide our staff and students with an outstanding and smart Wi-Fi solution. Purview analyzes our network data and provides extremely helpful reports for better IT decision making and improved experience for the entire district."
Jonathan Kidwell, Director of Education, Extreme Networks
"With the Extreme solution, Troy School District can now provide students with reliable access whether using school resources or their own devices, or enabling faculty to use wireless devices to lead more interesting and engaging lessons. The district now has the access and visibility they need to provide the required resources for students and teachers alike, while enabling simplified management, better control and, most importantly, better security."
- Extreme Networks Higher Education Solutions
- Extreme Networks IdentiFi Wireless Solutions
- Extreme Networks NetSight Network Management Solution
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXTR) is setting a new standard for superior customer experience by delivering network-powered innovation and market leading service and support. The company delivers high-performance switching and routing products for data center and core-to-edge networks, wired/wireless LAN access, and unified network management and control. Our award-winning solutions include software-defined networking (SDN), cloud and high-density Wi-Fi, BYOD and enterprise mobility, identity access management and security. Extreme Networks is headquartered in San Jose, CA and has more than 12,000 customers in over 80 countries. For more information, visit the company's website at http://www.extremenetworks.com.
Extreme Networks, the Extreme Networks logo, IdentiFi, NetSight and Purview either trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other names are the property of their respective owners.
Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this press release, including without limitation statements as to the features, performance, and benefits of Extreme Networks products, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date. Because such statements deal with future events, they are subject to risks and uncertainties, including network design and actual results of use of the product in different environments. We undertake no obligation to update the forward-looking information in this release. Other important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially are contained in the Company's 10-Qs and 10-Ks that are on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov.
SOURCE Extreme Networks, Inc.