NEW YORK, Dec. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The votes are in for the top toys kids are wishing for this holiday season. Today, TTPM®, the leading review site for toys, tots, pets, and more, has officially announced the winners of its People's Play Awards. Voted on by families and fans across the country, the award program creates "America's Wish List" with 12 individual play-themed categories such as "Can't Get Enough Collectible of the Year," "Toy Kids Love, Drives Parents Crazy," and "Geek Toy of the Year." Hatchimals from Spin Master received the most votes overall and has become the most sought after toy this holiday; TTPM had predicted it to be a must-have item on its annual Holiday 2016 Most Wanted List.
The Holiday 2016 People's Play Awards voting period ran throughout the month of November; the nominees were selected by the TTPM editorial team based on overall popularity and appeal to toy fans. Consumers voted for the toys, games, and lifestyle products that they felt were dominating kids' wish lists this season.
"The TTPM People's Play Awards is the only program that gives consumers a voice in the fourth quarter to name the toys they want most," said Jim Silver, CEO/editor-in-chief for TTPM.
The Holiday 2016 People's Play Awards winners as chosen by consumers across the country are listed as follows. For more information, including a video review and product details for each item, please click on the live links below or visit PeoplesPlayAwards.com:
- Budding Architect Toy of the Year: American Girl Grace's 2-in-1 Buildable Home from MEGA Bloks
- Can't Get Enough Collectible of the Year: Shopkins Season 6 Chef Club 12 Pack from Moose Toys
- Doll of the Year: DC Super Hero Girls from Mattel
- Geek Toy of the Year: Kids First Science Laboratory from Thames & Kosmos
- Little Explorers Toy of the Year: PAW Patrol Jungle Rescue Monkey Temple from Spin Master
- Maker Toy of the Year: Build-A-Bear Workshop Stuffing Station from Spin Master
- Movie Toy of the Year: Star Wars Smart R2-D2 from Hasbro
- Outdoor Toy of the Year: Hot Wheels Extreme Thrill Roller Coaster from Step2
- Pet Toy of the Year: Nerf Dog Tennis Ball Blaster from Grammercy Products
- Retro Toy of the Year: Strawberry Shortcake Collectors Doll Sets from The Bridge Direct
- Spoil Me Toy of the Year: Barbie Hello Dreamhouse from Mattel
- Toy Kids Love, Drives Parents Crazy: Hatchimals from Spin Master
TTPM® is a leading product review site and retail portal for toys, tots, pets and more. With more than 100 million annual views of its comprehensive video reviews, TTPM is the number one resource for consumers seeking to find and easily buy the best toys, baby gear, pet toys, and kids electronics for their families. The site's expert team creates more than 5,000 independent reviews annually, each featuring the TTPM Price Check, which lists live price comparisons and one click purchasing from major retailers. For mobile users, the free TTPM app delivers the site's full reviews as well as its proprietary price comparison tool. The TTPM app is the #1 rated app in Apple App in its category.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ttpm-unveils-americas-wish-list-300372137.html