Twerk Your Way to Spirit Halloween for 2013s Must-Have Costumes Nation's Top Halloween Retailer Debuts the "Pop-Costume Index," Celebrating 30 Years of Popular Costumes
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, N.J., Oct. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- For 30 years, Spirit Halloween, the largest seasonal Halloween retailer in North America, has had its finger on the pulse of pop culture, as the year's most unforgettable moments often translate to the most memorable Halloween costumes. In recent years, Charlie Sheen won our attention, Lady Gaga's fashion choices had us buzzing, and the cast of The Jersey Shore fist-pumped onto the scene.
In 2013, Halloween enthusiasts everywhere will be twerkin' what their momma gave them. Spirit Halloween has this year's hottest pop culture costumes for women and men, including:
- Twerkin' Teddy – An embroidered, smiling teddy bear, plush leotard for the ladies.
- Twerk Suit – A black and white striped suit jacket and pants for the guys.
- Party Finger – The infamous foam finger with red nails to complete the look.
These unique costumes are now available for pre-sale at SpiritHalloween.com and will hit store shelves the week of October 7.
"Spirit Halloween provides consumers with the most relevant and timely costumes based on what's happening in the world of pop culture," said Steven Silverstein, President and CEO, Spirit Halloween. "With 30 years in the Halloween business, we know what consumers want and always deliver the best selection of costumes, accessories and home decor to make this year's celebrations memorable for all."
To celebrate its 30th Anniversary, Spirit Halloween tapped into the archives to identify the box office hits, small screen stars and celebrities that kept the nation talking. The first-ever "Pop-Costume Index," illustrates the intersection between pop culture and popular costumes during the past three decades. This dynamic infographic includes fun facts, such as:
- Perennial Favorites – Princess Leia's famous gold bikini debuted in 1983 and continues to be a popular costume 30 years later. Even today, nothing says "Bad Guy" like Darth Vader, another sought-after look.
- Partners in Crime – Batman and his sensational counterparts – Robin, Catwoman and The Joker – were top costumes in 1989, 1992, 1997 and 2008.
- Take a Bite out of the Costume Competition – Twilight's overwhelming popularity in 2009 resurrected a Halloween costume classic – vampires – in the same way Pirates of the Caribbean helped pirate-themed costumes become a Halloween favorite in 2003.
- Not Just for Kids – Children's hit television programs such as the Care Bears (1986), Barney (1993) and SpongeBob SquarePants (2004) not only won the hearts of kids across the country, but also led the way in costume trends for adults.
To locate one of the 1,052 Spirit Halloween stores in your area, visit SpiritHalloween.com. For exclusive discounts and the inside scoop on all things Halloween, "Like" us if you dare on Facebook Facebook.com/SpiritHalloween, follow us on Pinterest Pinterest.com/SpiritHalloween, follow us on Twitter @SpiritHalloween, and check us out on YouTube YouTube.com/SpiritHalloweencom.
About Spirit Halloween
Spirit Halloween (SpiritHalloween.com) is the largest Halloween specialty retailer in the country with over 1,050 locations in strip centers and malls across North America. Celebrating 30 years of business, Spirit is the authority on all things Halloween, offering one-stop shopping for everything from costumes to decor and party goods to accessories. In addition to being a fun and interactive event for shoppers, Spirit Halloween stores offer complete selections of costumes and accessories for infants/toddlers, children, 'tweens, teens, and adults along with exclusive decor you won't find anywhere else. At the heart of Spirit Halloween is Spirit of Children (SpiritOfChildren.com), a program which focuses on making hospitals less scary for kids and their families. For the 2013 Halloween season, Spirit of Children's goal is to raise $5 million, bringing its total contribution to more than $16 million since its inception in 2006.
SOURCE Spirit Halloween