TwilioCon 2013: Twilio Announces Speakers for Its Third Annual Conference
Cloud Communications Conference To Be Held September 17-19, 2013 at the Design Concourse in San Francisco
- Announced Speakers Include Twilio CEO Jeff Lawson; NASA Astronaut Mae Jemison; Coca-Cola Associate IT Director Carl Kennedy; President, CIO Corvisa Cloud Matt Lautz, and more
- Registration now open at www.twilio.com/conference
- Early Bird tickets on sale through August 1
SAN FRANCISCO, July 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Twilio (http://www.twilio.com), the market leader in cloud communications, announced today that they will host their third annual conference on September 17th through 19th, 2013 at the Design Concourse in San Francisco.
TwilioCon is the conference the developers, decision makers and entrepreneurs who are building the future of communication technologies.The conference will feature three days of deep technical sessions, business roundtables, entrepreneurship workshops and product updates.
Keynote speakers will include Dr. Mae Jemison, NASA Astronaut and Founder of two medical technology companies. Dr. Jemison is currently leading the '100 Year Starship' initiative to ensure capabilities for human travel beyond our solar system. More keynote speakers to be announced soon.
"At TwilioCon, you'll learn what is happening in the world of cloud communcations, see the innovative technologies behind it, and explore the trends driving the next generation of communication experiences," said Twilio CEO, Jeff Lawson. "We'll also highlight what innovative things developers have created since last year's event. We can't wait to see what they've built."
The first batch of speakers announced (with many more to come) include:
- Jeff Lawson, CEO of Twilio
- Mae Jemison, NASA astronaut
- Sebastian Brannstrom, lead engineer, Lyft
- Carl Kennedy, Associate IT director, Coca-Cola
- Benjamin Tomlinson, creative director at Poke
- Joe McCorkle, director IT at RealPage, Inc.
- Jamison Moore, director of sales and support, Wix
- Sean Hewens, Knowledge Manager, IDEO.org
- Teresa Tung, senior manager of software architecture at Accenture Technology Labs
- Matt Lautz, President, CIO at Corvisa Cloud
Registration for the event is open now, and those interested can visit http://www.twilio.com/conference to register to attend. To get the early-bird rate, purchase your tickets by August 1.
Twilio (www.twilio.com), the cloud communications company, is reinventing telecom by merging the worlds of cloud computing, web services and telecommunications. Twilio provides a telephony infrastructure web service in the cloud, allowing web developers to integrate phone calls, text messages and IP voice communications into their web, mobile and traditional phone applications. The company is privately held and is headquartered in San Francisco, California.