ANN ARBOR, Mich., May 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- As more baby boomer-era entrepreneurs consider options for their small to mid-sized companies – including a sale – exploring private equity to achieve their goals can be a viable avenue to pursue. Unity Advisors Group (UAG), a Michigan-based executive advisory services firm, recommends that business owners take the time to prepare for such a relationship before they make the plunge. Its PEP (Private Equity Preparation) Program aims to educate owners on private equity and help them position their companies for the best possible outcome – often a higher multiple attained in a sales transaction.
George Hofman, UAG's CEO, lists six key benefits to the PEP Program:
- PEP offers business owners insights into how investors determine the value of a company.
- The program assesses an organization's strengths, weaknesses and "readiness for a sale" or alternative transaction.
- UAG's senior advisory team can help improve enterprise value and increase purchase price multiples.
- PEP can uncover the true value and potential of a business.
- UAG works with business owners to set a sell strategy or develop alternative plans.
- PEP creates sale "presentation packages" and helps owners to identify potential investors.
Louis D'Annibale joins a formidable UAG team of ex-CEOs and corporate C-suite executives to become President of the PEP Program. After an impressive sales and marketing career with Armstrong World Industries, D'Annibale has been instrumental over the past thirteen years in several private equity sales transactions. "Our appeal to any owner is that we've sat in his chair before as the steward of a business and made decisions that affected the future of the company and its people. PEP's focus is to pursue the course that is best for our business owner clients and to help them realize their goals through a program that emphasizes knowledge, assessment, strategy and value creation."
FOR MORE INFORMATION on the UAG PEP Program: http://www.unityadvisorsgroup.com/UAG-PEP-Program.pdf
About UNITY ADVISORS GROUP, LLC: UAG is an Ann Arbor, Michigan-based executive advisory services firm. Its national team of partners and advisors offers a solutions-oriented approach to business challenges in the areas of strategy, operations improvement and leadership. Additional information about UAG may be found at: http://www.unityadvisorsgroup.com.
CONTACT: Jim Halerz – Partner, (734) 992-5080 Email
Read more news from Unity Advisors Group.
SOURCE Unity Advisors Group