UBM Tech, STMicroelectronics and Digi-Key Team Up For First Ever Hands-On/Online EE Times University Education Event Three-Way Collaboration Proves Concept and Exceeds Initial Goals
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Tech, which connects the electronics engineering community with essential business and technical insight, today announced the most successful EE Times University (http://www.eetimes.com/lecture-calendar.asp#lecture_track_cgid_7) tracks to date. Typically a free live digital educational experience for design engineers or engineering managers, EE Times University recently worked closely with STMicroelectronics on the "Fundamentals of Microcontrollers (MCUs): Hands On Workshop," which combined online education with hands-on interactivity that resulted in nearly 6,000 registrants, over 3,000 live and archived attendees as well as more than 1,600 unique users.
Patrick Mannion, VP, Brand Director, UBM Tech Electronics said, "EE Times University has always been a fantastic resource for engineers looking to expand their knowledge and stay up-to-date with industry trends. A typical course combines live educational broadcasts with interactive chat and downloadable slides. Riffing off an idea suggested by ST, we took a different approach this time. Instead of a five-day course run daily, we developed a two-stage course in collaboration with ST and Digi-Key that allowed us time in-between the introductory stage to get Discovery kits into the hands of course registrants. The result surpassed our wildest expectations in both registrations and attendee satisfaction and I'd like to thank our presenter, Jacob Beningo, as well as ST, and Digi-Key for being such great partners."
"EE Times University provided an excellent channel and instructor (Jacob Beningo) to educate an audience in how to use Microcontrollers to solve complex real-world design challenges, while simultaneously providing an environment for hands-on classes with our highest-performance STM32F429 and Discovery Kit," said Stuart McLaren, Product Marketing Manager at ST. "In addition to meeting our aggressive targets for live attendees and audience engagement, having the classes remain available on line provides continuing benefits to EE Times' audience and to ST."
The Fundamentals of Microcontroller classes remain available in the EE Times University archive [http://www.eetimes.com/lecture-calendar.asp#lecture_track_cgid_7] and students wishing to develop their hands-on prowess can purchase inexpensive Discovery Kits from Digi-Key or other ST distributors.
Notable registrants and attendees who participated in the Fundamentals of Microcontrollers (MCUs): Hands-On Workshop comprised chief technology officers, senior engineers, senior embedded engineers, and system architects from the likes of Agilent, Johnson Controls, Leviton, IBM, Belrobotics and many more.
Here's what EE Times University students had to say:
- jondaddio: "Outstanding content! Thanks Jacob, ST for the free board, Digi-Key, etc. The BEST WEBINAR I have ever attended!!!"
- Devad: "A well desired THANK YOU to all involved in putting together an outstanding presentation. EETimes Uni, DigiKey, ST, and Jacob and anyone else I sorry I missed you."
- dcc72: "Thanks Jacob for a very interesting series. Thanks to the sponsors, thanks for the tools and time. Thanks to EE Times for hosting this. Hope to see more like this!"
- srobillard06501: "Thanks also to the sponsors you were all very generous and it is much appreciated."
- Linktech: "Jacob, another job well done! I would like to thank all the parties (EE TIMES, ST, etc ..) that made this possible. I will certainly continue to experiment with this board! I learnt a lot ..."
- Jekylls: "Thanks to the Jacob and the sponsors for a great introduction to this really cool processor. I look forward to reviewing the archives and learning how to utilize more of the capabilities of this product."
- Jakub Jiricek:"Thank you Jacob and all others for great webinar series. It was very interesting and great starter into STM F4 family."
- j_chang: "Thanks, Jacob and class sponsors ST, EE Times, Digi-key!! Great opportunity that you have made available."
EE Times University was designed by EE Times, the largest independent resource connecting the electronics engineering community. Combined with TechOnline it allows UBM Tech to provide engineers and engineering managers the real-time education they need to keep their skillsets up to date. EE Times University provides the experts who have taken the hard knocks, so attendees don't have to.
To learn about EE Times University sponsorship opportunities, contact Jim Dempsey firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 440-333-3040.
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that brings together the world's technology communities through live events, online properties and custom services. UBM Tech's community-focused approach provides its users and clients with expertly curated research, education, training, community advocacy, user-generated content and peer-to-peer engagement opportunities that serve the Electronics, Security, Enterprise IT and Communications, Network Infrastructure and Applications, Game and App Developers, and Tech Marketing communities. UBM Tech's brands include Black Hat, DesignCon, EE Times, Enterprise Connect, Game Developers Conference (GDC), HDI, InformationWeek, and Interop. Create, a UBM Tech full range marketing services division, includes custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs based on its content and technology market expertise. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion. For more information, go to http://tech.ubm.com.
For more information on UBM Tech please contact:
Felicia Hamerman, Vice President, Marketing, Electronics
T: 516.562.5652, E: email@example.com
SOURCE UBM Tech