UBM Tech's Create Announces Success and Growth of ARM® TechCon™ 2013 Highlights Include Increased Attendance and Partner Collaboration to Accelerate the Development of ARM-Based Devices
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Tech Create today announced that conference attendance for ARM TechCon 2013 increased by 26 percent over last year's total. The event was held Oct. 29-31, 2013, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, Calif. The growth in attendance underscores the breadth of ARM's Connected Community and the significance of ARM TechCon 2013 as the leading event for designers of low-power, next-generation connected devices based on the ARM architecture. ARM TechCon is produced by UBM Tech's Create division, a boutique marketing services group within UBM.
- Attendance increased by 26 percent
- The event focused on connecting the ARM community, not only via live interaction, but also over social media. More than 3,000 tweets used the hash tag #ARMTechCon during the three-day show.
- The ARM TechCon program included more than 150 conference sessions led by more than 170 industry experts teaching the latest strategies and techniques for designing or developing with ARM, addressing areas that include chip efficiency, hardware design, software development, and security.
- In addition to keynotes from Hewlett-Packard, Oracle, and FutureMed, ARM CEO Simon Segars announced findings of The Internet of Things Business Index: A quiet revolution gathers pace, a new comprehensive report sponsored by ARM, during his presentation.
- John Cornish, ARM's Executive Vice President and General Manager of the System Design Division, announced during his keynote that ARM will donate the Sensinode CoAP protocol engine to OpenJDK to stimulate broad adoption of the CoAP protocol.
ARM and UBM Tech Create announced the winners of the ARM TechCon Best in Show Awards, recognizing the standout technologies at the event that have been introduced to the market in the past year. The ARM TechCon Best in Show Chip Design award was presented to GLOBALFOUNDRIES for its Avatar 2.5D Multichip Package. The Best in Show Hardware winner was Hewlett-Packard for its Moonshot Servers, while the Best in Show Software award was presented to Xively for its mbed Edition JumpStart kit.
More than 25 announcements were made by ARM Partners at the show. Highlights include:
- Enterprise computing took center stage as AppliedMicro announced the general availability of its X-Gene system development kit to accelerate the 64-bit ARM server ecosystem. Calxeda also announced the EnergyCore® ECX-2000 family, the company's second-generation product line aimed at the private cloud infrastructure market. At its booth, Dell demoed a 64-bit ARM server running Fedora.
- The Internet of Things was also a key focus at this year's show, with Echelon and Marvell announcing a collaboration to bring industrial-grade Wi-Fi to applications in the industrial IoT market.
- ARM TechCon was also a launching point for several tools-related announcements. Express Logic introduced its new graphical user interface (GUI) development framework, dubbed GUIX. IAR Systems also announced the availability of version 6.70 of the complete C/C++ development toolchain IAR Embedded Workbench® for ARM.
UBM Tech Create and ARM announced that ARM TechCon 2014, the 10th anniversary of the conference, will take place in early October 2014 at the Santa Clara Convention Center. Forty companies have already signed on to exhibit in 2014, including Cadence Design Systems, Freescale, Green Hills, IAR, Lauterbach, Mentor Graphics, Samsung, ST Microelectronics, Synopsys, Xilinx, Xively, and XMOS.
Create builds the ultimate brand experience for technology marketers – and their customers. As the marketing services arm of UBM Tech, Create leverages the power of decades of marketing experience and expertise to help clients minimize the complexities of modern marketing. Create's capabilities include strategic digital, social, and content development and integration, relationship building through live events, and nurture solutions, as well as comprehensive analytic and design services. Find case studies, client testimonials, and Create's portfolio of work on its website, createmarketingservices.com.
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that brings together the world's technology communities through live events, online properties and custom services. UBM Tech's community-focused approach provides its users and clients with expertly curated research, education, training, community advocacy, user-generated content and peer-to-peer engagement opportunities that serve the Electronics, Security, Enterprise Communications, Network Infrastructure and Applications, Game and App Developers, and Tech Marketing communities. UBM Tech's brands include Black Hat, DesignCon, EE Times, Enterprise Connect, Game Developers Conference (GDC), HDI, InformationWeek, Interop, and Light Reading. Create, a UBM Tech full range marketing services division, includes custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs based on its content and technology market expertise. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion. For more information, go to http://tech.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBMTech.
ARM designs the technology that is at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. ARMs comprehensive product offering includes RISC microprocessors, graphics processors, video engines, enabling software, cell libraries, embedded memories, high-speed connectivity products, peripherals and development tools. Combined with comprehensive design services, training, support and maintenance, and the company's broad partner community, they provide a total system solution that offers a fast, reliable path to market for leading electronics companies. Find out more about ARM by following these links:
Download "Shared Purpose: 8 Leadership Lessons for the Ecosystem Age" The secrets of success from the Connected Community surrounding ARM
Find out more about ARM by following these links:
ARM on Twitter:
For more information on UBM Tech please contact:
Linda Uslaner, Marketing Director
T: 516.562.5843, E: email@example.com
For more information on ARM please contact:
Leslie Clavin, Vice President, The Racepoint Group
T. 415.694.6717, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE UBM Tech Create