UC Berkeley Civil and Environmental Engineering Department Inducts Rudy Bonaparte, Michael Kavanaugh into Academy of Distinguished Alumni
ATLANTA and OAKLAND, Calif., Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Geosyntec Consultants is pleased to announce that President and CEO Rudy Bonaparte and Senior Principal Michael Kavanaugh have been inducted into the inaugural class of the Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) Academy of Distinguished Alumni at the University of California, Berkeley.
Drs. Bonaparte and Kavanaugh are among 26 distinguished individuals initiated into the charter class of the Academy at a ceremony held at the University Club of UC Berkeley's California Memorial Stadium on November 8, 2012.
Dr. Bonaparte's citation into the Academy recognizes his leadership in the practice and business of geotechnical and geoenvironmental engineering and in hazardous and low-level radioactive waste management. He also is noted for contributions to the CEE Department as a founding member and former Chair of the CEE Advisory Council, which has established a Student Leadership Endowment and a Student Professional Development and Leadership Certificate Program.
Dr. Kavanaugh's citation recognizes his leadership in the practice of environmental engineering, particularly in water quality and the remediation of contaminated groundwater and soils. He also is noted for promoting academic-industry collaboration and for his long-time service to the National Research Council. The CEE Department also thanked Dr. Kavanaugh for his service as a founding member and former Vice Chair of the CEE Advisory Council.
The objectives of the Academy are to:
- honor the outstanding professional accomplishments and contributions of CEE alumni, including service to the CEE Department;
- engage outstanding alumni in the activities of the Department;
- increase the visibility of the Department to all alumni;
- present Academy members to students as examples of successful CEE graduates and possible role models for the students' own careers; and
- further enhance the stature of the CEE Department by shining a light on the many great accomplishments of its graduates.
SOURCE Geosyntec Consultants