UK Public Sector Market for BYOD and Tablets 2013 Report
ReportsnReprots.com offers "BYOD: Their own devices - UK Public Sector Market for BYOD and Tablets" research report in its store. The research summarizes the status of the UK public sector ICT BYOD market.
DALLAS, Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- BYOD: Their own devices - UK Public Sector Market for BYOD and Tablets 2013 report is intended both for those currently working with public sector clients, and those considering this market for the first time. This research investigates the usage stories for tablets in public service contexts and finds many areas in which mobile working and smarter processes have been enhanced through these devices.
The report ( http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/268938-byod-their-own-devices-uk-public-sector-market-for-byod-and-tablets.html ) covers the use of ICT in the public sector across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and helps gain insight into the public sector ICT BYOD market in the UK. Key Highlights of this UK public sector Market for BYOD and tablets report include:
- The UK public sector market for bring your own device (BYOD) is still in its early stages. Early adopters are getting positive feedback and growing demand from employees wanting to use personal devices for work purposes.
- BYOD is not delivering significant cost savings but is being implemented to cater to employee demand, as well as demand from students in the education sector.
- Public sector organisations will need to embrace BYOD or risk a security breach because employees are increasingly using their own devices at work whether BYOD is supported or not.
- Organisations that have implemented BYOD have not experienced any security breaches over and above what they would normally expect.
- Higher and further education are at the forefront of BYOD adoption in the UK public sector, while early adopters in local authorities are beginning to move from pilots to full deployments and others are starting to consider the issue.
- BYOD is not a priority for central government, the police force or other services/employees that deal with highly sensitive data.
- The use of tablets in the UK public sector is still in its infancy but growing, although primarily at the organisation-owned level. We expect BYOD will gradually move to encompass tablets.
- Local authorities are leading the use of tablets and early adoption shows material cost savings and improvements to employee productivity. NHS hospitals are using tablets for innovative functions from patient monitoring to ordering food. Tablets have proven to be a highly useful educational tool, for secondary pupils as well as younger children and those with special educational needs, but widespread adoption is being held back by financial concerns.
- This research sees significant potential for the use of tablets - whether they are organisation or employee owned - across all public sector body types, for a wide variety of functions that include paperless meetings, email and calendaring, and data collection/form filling.
- Tablet and BYOD deployments are now being considered by a majority of public sector bodies now that security concerns have been alleviated and mobile device management (MDM) solutions have matured.
- Both BYOD and tablets enable public sector bodies to better support their mobile workforces. They can also facilitate remote working, hot-desking and shared services/multi-agency working, which have the ability to drive significant cost reduction and should therefore be considered a priority for many
public sector bodies, especially at the local government level.
Request a free sample of this report at http://www.reportsnreports.com/contacts/RequestSample.aspx?name=268938 for evaluation before making a purchase decision.
Table of Contents for the report BYOD: Their own devices - UK Public Sector Market for BYOD and Tablets, available for purchase at http://www.reportsnreports.com/Purchase.aspx?name=268938, includes:
1 Executive summary
1.1 BYOD and tablets
1.2 Vendor opportunity
2 BYOD and tablet take-up by vertical
3 BYOD and tablet vendor opportunity
4 Public sector BYOD market
4.1.1 Starting small
4.1.2 Tablets to follow
4.2 BYOD drivers
4.2.2 Improve employee productivity
4.2.3 Improve employee morale
4.2.4 Be a responsive employer
4.2.5 Support remote working
4.3 BYOD hurdles
4.3.2 Sensitive information
4.3.4 It takes time and effort
4.3.5 Compensation issues
4.3.6 Market immaturity
4.3.7 Devices break
4.3.8 People aren't perfect
4.3.9 Getting staff on board
4.3.10 Work-life balance
4.4 Device anarchy
4.5 Ignore it at your peril: BYOD is here to stay
5 Public sector tablet market
5.1 Tablet usage
5.2 Tablets and beyond
5.3 Tablet benefits
5.3.1 Saving money
5.3.2 Support mobility
220.127.116.11 Remote working
18.104.22.168 Support hot-desking
22.214.171.124 Workforce profiling
126.96.36.199 Shared services/multi-agencyNANA
Other reports published on similar topics:
Data driven healthcare - Deep Dive Profile on the English Department of Health market research report is available at http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/268939-data-driven-healthcare-deep-dive-profile-on-the-english-department-of-health.html. This report is a profile of the English Department of Health. It is intended both for those currently working with public sector health clients, and those considering the healthcare market for the first time.
Local Routes - Applications used by local Government to deliver transport market research report is available at http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/268940-local-routes-applications-used-by-local-government-to-deliver-transport.html. This report summarizes the status of the UK public sector ICT transport software market. It is intended both for those currently working with public sector clients, and those considering this market for the first time.
Smarter social services - Applications for informed care delivery market research report is available at http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/268941-smarter-social-services-applications-for-informed-care-delivery.html . This report summarizes the status of the UK public sector ICT social services market. It is intended both for those currently working with public sector clients, and those considering this market for the first time.
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research reports library of 350,000+ in-depth studies of over 5000 micro markets. Call +1 888 391 5441 with your research requirements.
Media Contact: Priyank Tiwari, ReportsnReports, +1 888 391 5441, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
More by this Source
Global Market for Pasta, Cheese, Coffee, Sugar, Yeast & Starch Product
Nov 29, 2013, 15:51 ET
200+ Energy Market Research Reports at $8000 - Up to Dec 31, 2013
Dec 09, 2013, 10:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.