UNC Kenan-Flagler redesigns EMBA programs to enhance convenience for working professionals
CHAPEL HILL, N.C., April 1, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A redesign of the evening and weekend Executive MBA (EMBA) programs at the University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School will provide more convenience and new features for the working professionals who attend them.
- Modifying the schedule to reduce time away from work and travel to campus by using a blend of immersive on-campus courses and networking with technology-enabled modules
- Streamlining the calendar and course credits to enhance scheduling for students
- Reviewing and optimizing the curriculum in terms of required courses and their sequencing
- Increasing the focus on leadership and professional development
- Developing new electives and global immersions
"We have enhanced and restructured our EMBA programs to better accommodate our students' already busy work and family lives, without compromising the exceptional learning experience and networking they expect from the UNC EMBA Program," said Atul Nerkar, associate dean of EMBA Programs.
For the 24-month Evening MBA program, classes will meet on campus for:
- One night a week (instead of two nights) and a few additional evening sessions
- Four immersion weekends
For the 20-month Weekend MBA program, classes will meet on campus for:
- One weekend every three weeks (instead of two weekends per month)
- One immersion week
For more information, visit www.emba.unc.edu or call Sarah Perez, Executive MBA Programs executive director, at (919) 962.3124.
The University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School
Consistently ranked one of the world's best business schools, UNC Kenan-Flagler is known for its collaborative culture that stems from its core values: excellence, leadership, integrity, community and teamwork. Professors excel at both teaching and research, and demonstrate unparalleled dedication to students. Graduates are effective, principled leaders who have the technical and managerial skills to deliver results in the global business environment. UNC Kenan-Flagler offers a rich portfolio of programs and extraordinary real-life learning experiences: Undergraduate Business (BSBA), full-time MBA, Executive MBA Programs (Evening, Weekend and global OneMBA®), online MBA@UNC, UNC-Tsinghua Dual-Degree EMBA, Master of Accounting, PhD, Executive Development, and UNC Business Essentials programs. It is home to the Frank Hawkins Kenan Institute of Private Enterprise.
SOURCE University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School