DUBLIN, Mar. 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "US DoD Foreign Military Sales Market, Forecast to 2021" report to their offering.
An overall increase in global defense spending is expected, after several years of relatively flat growth, which will cause the US Department of Defense (DoD) market for foreign military sales (FMS) to grow at an estimated 3.4% over the 2015 to 2021 study period.
However, overall sales of US military equipment will grow at an even greater rate because International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) reform, part of an overall Export Control Reform Initiative (ECRI), will eventually result in more equipment being sold through direct commercial sales (DCS). The top 10 countries for FMS deliveries all reside in the Near East and South Asia or East Asia and Pacific regions, and the most requested and delivered systems in the FMS program include: Ground-based air defense weaponry, fighter aircraft, training services, and tactical vehicles.
This study also contains a description of the rather complex FMS process, its positive and negative attributes, and how the program may change in the future. There are several growth opportunities for US defense firms that seek expansion outside the US DoD. The study identifies these opportunities and the strategies that will likely lead to successful execution of additional foreign sales of military weaponry.
Global competition for international arms sales is increasing as technology becomes cheaper to obtain and incorporate into indigenous endeavors. US defense companies must actively develop technological innovations while improving cost efficiencies if they hope sell technically advanced systems at competitive prices. They must also actively seek synergistic partnerships with emerging economies to achieve maximum growth potential.
Market estimations and competitive landscape information include:
- Factors driving demand for military weapons systems
- Factors restraining demand for military weapons systems
- Regional geopolitical issues and impacts on weapons purchasing and manufacturing
- Military weapons purchasing trends by region
- Types of weapons systems and military services demanded by region
- Leading US military suppliers to each region
Questions this study will answer:
- Is the DoD FMS market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- What segments, programs, and services make up the FMS market?
- What are the leading market drivers, restraints, and trends?
- Which countries are most active in the DoD FMS market?
- What companies are leading the market?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Drivers and Restraints-Total DoD FMS Market
4. Forecast and Trends-Total DoD FMS Market
5. Market Share and Competitive Analysis-Total DoD FMS Market
6. Growth Opportunities
7. CEO's 360 Degree Perspective on the DoD FMS Market
8. Near East & South Asia Market Breakdown
9. East Asia & Pacific Market Breakdown
10. Europe Market Breakdown
11. Western Hemisphere Market Breakdown
12. Africa Market Breakdown
13. The Last Word
- Al Raha
- Automotive Management Services
- Bell-Boeing Joint Project Office
- Conti Federal Service
- General Dynamics
- L-3 Communications
- Lockhead Martin
- MacAndrews & Forbes
- Michael Baker
- Northrop Grumman
- Rockwell Collins
- Steyr Trucks
- United Technologies
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7523nm/us_dod_foreign
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/united-states-dod-foreign-military-sales-market-2017-2021-domestic-defense-firms-must-become-more-innovative-and-cost-efficient-to-succeed-in-the-increasingly-competitive-race---research-and-markets-300422638.html
SOURCE Research and Markets