Speedier Options Now Available to Help Businesses Serve Customers
MISSISSAUGA, ON, July 26, 2012 /CNW/ - UPS today announced another important service enhancement for Atlantic Canada, adding air capacity that will allow local businesses to accelerate the flow of goods to customers.
The additional air capacity will provide businesses in Atlantic Canada new service enhancements that include:
- A significant one-day improvement in time-in-transit for many shipments to and from Atlantic Canada. Shipments from Los Angeles to Dartmouth or from St. John's to Vancouver now will arrive the next business day.
- The additional air capacity now is available for international and domestic freight shipments as well as packages.
- Earlier guaranteed delivery time for UPS Express Early A.M.® service, moving from 9:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. for many domestic shipments.
- Improved guarantee delivery times for UPS Express® and UPS Express Saver® services by 10:30 a.m. or noon to more destinations.
- The introduction of Saturday delivery to select destinations including major cities such as Halifax, Moncton and St. John's.
"Businesses throughout Canada have recognized the importance of global trade to the country's economy and we at UPS see it as our mission to facilitate that trade and help our customers grow," said Nicolas Dorget, vice-president of marketing, UPS Canada. "By bringing state-of-the-art technology and our superior global supply chain network to as many communities as possible in Atlantic Canada, we are making it easier for local entrepreneurs and businesses to grow regionally, nationally and globally."
These new enhancements will provide customers with added flexibility and convenience in managing and optimizing their internal processes, getting their products to market faster and helping to manage customer satisfaction.
"As soon as UPS opened its new facility in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, we were immediately approached by their representatives. They came into our office to earn our business through personal service, improved delivery schedules and competitive rates. After several meetings we have consolidated our freight over to UPS and look forward to a long-term, beneficial arrangement," says Atlantic Electronics Limited (AEL) vice-president Mark Greek.
UPS (NYSE: UPS) is a global leader in logistics, offering a broad range of solutions including the transportation of packages and freight; the facilitation of international trade, and the deployment of advanced technology to more efficiently manage the world of business. Headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., UPS serves more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. The company can be found on the web at UPS.com and its corporate blog can be found at blog.ups.com. To get UPS news direct, visit pressroom.ups.com/RSS.
SOURCE UPS Canada Ltd.