LONDON, Dec. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The global urology surgical instruments market is expected to reach USD 11.48 billion by 2021 from USD 7.74 billion in 2016, growing at a CAGR of 8.2% from 2016 to 2021.
The consumables and accessories segment is expected to account for the largest share of the urology surgical instruments market, by product, in 2016. Increasing surgical intervention for urology conditions, advancements in minimally invasive surgeries, increasing prevalence of chronic kidney disorders that can lead to increase in kidney transplants, increase in awareness of urology conditions at early stages, and rising geriatric population are the factors contributing to the large share of this segment.
The laparoscopes segment is expected to account for the largest share of the urology endoscopes market, by type, in 2016. Laparoscopic surgeries being less invasive, low risk of surgical site infection (SSI), technological advancements, and these surgeries are expected to cost less than the open cholecystectomies in the long run is contributing to the large share in this market segment.
The endoscopic light sources segment is expected to account for the largest share of the endovision systems market, by type, in 2016. Use of ecofriendly and cost-saving LED light sources, and technological advancements is contributing to the large share in this market segment.
The insufflators segment is expected to account for the largest share of the peripheral instruments market, by type, in 2016. Growing number of laparoscopic procedures and technological advancements is contributing to the large share in this market segment.
The guidewires segment is expected to account for the largest share of the consumables and accessories market, by type, in 2016. The large application areas of guidewires in endoscopy, technical advancements in guidewires, and the rise in endoscopic surgeries is contributing to the large share in this market segment.
The chronic kidney disease segment is expected to account for the largest share of the urology surgical instruments market, by application, in 2016. This can be attributed to the rising geriatric population and increasing prevalence of diabetes, high blood pressure, and chronic diseases.
North America is expected to account for the largest share of the global urology surgical instruments market in 2016, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World (RoW). The large share of the North American region can be attributed to the favorable reimbursement scenario and government initiatives to combat prostate cancer in the U.S., investments by hospitals to upgrade surgical/operating rooms and purchase new urology surgical equipment, increase in the number of ambulatory surgical centers (ASCs) in the U.S., high incidence rate of urological cancer and the new funding model for Canadian hospitals.
The Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness the highest growth rate in the forecast period (2016-2021), mainly due to favorable prospects for the growth of the urology surgical instruments market, growing healthcare industry in Japan, government investments to improve the medical infrastructure, penetration of key players in the Chinese market, growing preference for minimally invasive surgeries & improving healthcare infrastructure, German-Asian partnerships, leading medical tourism destinations, growing number of hospitals, and favorable healthcare system are expected to propel the urology surgical instruments market in the Asia-Pacific region.
Olympus Corporation (Japan), KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG (Germany), Richard WOLF GmbH (Germany), Coloplast A/S (Denmark), Cook Medical Inc. (U.S.), Boston Scientific Corporation (U.S.), Medtronic plc (Ireland), Teleflex incorporated (U.S.), Stryker Corporation (U.S.), CooperSurgical, Inc. (U.S.), and ConMed Corporation (U.S.) are the key players in the global urology surgical instruments market.
Objectives of Study:
- To define and measure the global urology surgical instruments market on the basis of product, application, and region- To identify key micromarkets1 and their drivers within the global urology surgical instruments market, which are expected to show growth opportunities in the coming years- To analyze opportunities in the market for stakeholders and provide details of the competitive landscape for market leaders- To analyze the restrains and challenges in the market for stakeholders - To analyze the market structure and profile the key players of the global urology surgical instruments market and comprehensively analyze their core competencies2- To track and analyze competitive developments such as expansions; new product launches; marketing and promotional activities; acquisitions; agreements, collaborations, contracts, and partnerships; market developments; app launches; and product developments in the urology surgical instruments market
- Endoscopes and related devices manufacturing companies
- Suppliers and distributors of endoscopy devices
- Healthcare service providers and diagnostic centers
- Teaching hospitals and academic medical centers (AMCs)
- Independent surgeons and private offices of physicians
- Ambulatory surgery centers
- Manufacturers of surgical instruments
- Distributors of surgical instruments
- Market research and consulting firms
- Government bodies/municipal corporations
- Business research and consulting service providers
- Venture capitalists
- Community centers
- Regulatory bodies
Scope of the Report
:This research report categorizes the urology surgical instruments market into the following segments:Urology Surgical Instruments Market, by Product- Urology Endoscopes- Laproscopes- Ureteroscopes- Nephroscopes- Resectoscopes- Cystoscopes- Endovision Systems- Endoscopic Light Sources- Endoscopic Cameras- Wireless Monitors and Displays- Camera Heads- Peripheral Systems- Insufflators- Endoscopic Fluid Management Systems- Consumables and Accessories- Guidewires- Stone Baskets/Retrieval Devices, And Extractors- Catheters- Stents- Biopsy Devices - Fluid Flushing Devices, Connecting Tubes, Clamps, Overtubes, And Distal Attachments- Dilator Sets, And Ureteral Access Sheaths- Drainage Bags- Surgical Dissectors- Needles Forceps And Needle Holders- Others Urology Surgical Instruments Market, by Application- Chronic Kidney Disease - Urinary Stones - Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia - Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse - Oncology - Other Applications Urology Surgical Instruments Market, by Region- North America- U.S.- Canada- Europe- Asia-Pacific- Rest of the World (RoW)
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4138216/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/urology-surgical-instruments-market-by-product-application---global-forecast-to-2021-300380615.html