MADISON, Wis., July 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- U.S. Cellular will visit communities throughout Wisconsin to enhance summer and provide residents with unique experiences at their favorite local businesses, block parties, community parks, festivals and fairs as part of the Better Day program. To create a Better Day, U.S. Cellular's "Band of Better" team, the company's community outreach ambassadors, will return this summer to surprise residents with giveaways and other items to help them enjoy summer to its fullest. The initiative will be capped off by a beautification project to help enhance the Madison community. U.S. Cellular will bring the Better Day program to 15 cities across the country and will host more than 360 events including 115 in Wisconsin.
"At U.S. Cellular, we take pride in being connected to individuals in our communities and making their experiences more positive in every way we can," said Laurie Poellinger, director of sales for U.S. Cellular in Wisconsin. "Our goal is to provide communities in Wisconsin with everything they need to create better moments together this summer."
Throughout July and August U.S. Cellular will provide communities with a Better Day through the following initiatives:
- Surprise customers and employees of local businesses with giveaway items including waterproof cellphone carriers, water bottles and gift cards to local stores.
- Enhance block parties with a kick-off kit, which includes a gift card to a local grocery store, a first aid kit, an apron and grilling kit and block party invitations. The "Band of Better" will also provide free outdoor games including bean bag sets and karaoke.
- Visit select parks providing free games including volleyball and oversized Jenga®, giveaways and tickets to the Wisconsin State Fair and Milwaukee Brewers games.
- Nominate Someone for a Better Day. Attendees of U.S. Cellular events, as well as those who visit U.S. Cellular's Facebook page and Twitter feed can nominate a friend or family member to win a custom gift that will be hand-delivered by the "Band of Better" right to their doorstep. For example, the "Band of Better" might deliver dinner to the home of someone who is too busy to cook that night or provide a busy mom with a gift card to a local spa.
Residents of each city can text SCHEDULE to 31046 to see a list of Better Day activities in their area and are also encouraged to connect with U.S. Cellular on Facebook.com/uscellular and Twitter.com/uscellular for ongoing information.
To commemorate a summer of Better Days, U.S. Cellular is teaming with Madison artist Sharon Kilfoy for a community beautification event meant to create not only a better day, but also a positive impact on the city. On August 23, University of Wisconsin Director of Athletics Barry Alvarez and U.S. Cellular volunteers will join Kilfoy and members of the community in painting a street art mural at an intersection in Madison.
The mural will serve to improve the aesthetics of the community and provide residents the opportunity to help beautify their neighborhood. Alvarez is looking forward to rolling up his sleeves and joining in the effort, "I love the idea of bringing the community together to work as a team and make improvements to better where we live, work and play. U.S. Cellular is helping give people a sense of ownership, and ultimately pride."
In addition to the Better Day initiative, the "Band of Better" will make appearances at the following events in Wisconsin:
- Milwaukee Brewers Games: July 25-27
- They will roam Miller Park parking lots at select Milwaukee Brewers games to surprise fans with Brewers merchandise including car magnets, rally towels, and water bottles. U.S. Cellular customers will also have the opportunity to win a tailgate upgrade package featuring items such as a mini grill, party table and rolling speaker cooler.
- Wisconsin State Fair: August 2, 3, 9, 10
- Fairgoers who visit the U.S. Cellular Band of Better team at the State Fair will have the opportunity to win items such as concession vouchers, music downloads and cooling towels. U.S. Cellular customers will also have the opportunity to win upgrades to preferred seating sections for the nightly Main Stage shows.
The Better Day initiative will take place in the following cities throughout the summer:
- Milwaukee, WI
- Madison, WI
- Appleton, WI
- Portage, WI
- Stevens Point, WI
- Monroe, WI
- Platteville, WI
- Des Moines, IA
- Iowa City, IA
- Cedar Rapids, IA
- Cedar Falls, IA
- Waterloo, IA
- Tulsa, OK
- Greenville, NC
- Knoxville, TN
About U.S. Cellular
U.S. Cellular rewards its customers with unmatched benefits and industry-leading innovations designed to elevate the customer experience. The Chicago-based carrier has a strong line-up of cutting-edge devices that are all backed by its high-speed network that has the highest call quality of any national carrier. Currently, nearly 90 percent of customers have access to 4G LTE speeds, and more than 93 percent will have access by the end of 2014. U.S. Cellular was named a J.D. Power and Associates Customer Champion in 2014 for the third time in four years. To learn more about U.S. Cellular, visit one of its retail stores or uscellular.com. To get the latest news, promos and videos, connect with U.S. Cellular on Facebook.com/uscellular, Twitter.com/uscellular and YouTube.com/uscellularcorp.
SOURCE U.S. Cellular