WASHINGTON, April 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- As American Stroke Month approaches in May, USA Medical is providing useful tips for reducing the probability of a stroke. In addition, the Company is helping people who have suffered or are at risk of a stroke live healthier lives by providing discounts on their medications through its customized prescription savings programs in all 50 states including: Texas Prescription Assistance Program, Florida Prescription Assistance Program and California Prescription Assistance Program.
USA Medical shares advice from the American Stroke Association for controlling and minimalizing stroke risks:
- Try keeping blood pressure low. The leading cause of stroke is high blood pressure, and this is the most controllable risk factor.
- Make nutritious choices to keep the heart healthy:
- Limit sodium intake.
- Eliminate trans fats and limit saturated fat.
- Maintain the correct balance and portions of a heart-healthy diet.
- If you smoke, stop! This bad habit is especially dangerous for those who are also taking birth control pills.
Co-Founder and President of USA Medical Jordan Sessler says, "In the United States, stroke is a leading cause of disability and the fifth cause of death. Although diet and exercise can help mitigate risk of stroke, those are not always enough. Don't let prescription costs stop you from living healthier. My company's Pharmacy Discount Card can help you save up to 75% on blood pressure and smoking cessation prescriptions."
The pre-activated Pharmacy Discount Cards are accepted at more than 60,000 pharmacies across the country — local, regional and national chains such as CVS, Walmart and Walgreens. Thousands of popular medicines are eligible for savings, including those prescribed for prescribed for heart conditions, such as simvastatin, atorvastatin, clopidogrel, irbesartan, Dipyridamole, buproprion, and Chantix®.
Go to prescriptionassistance.info to get a customized Pharmacy Discount Card for all 50 states including:
- Alabama Prescription Assistance Program
- Georgia Prescription Assistance Program
- North Carolina Prescription Assistance Program
- Pennsylvania Prescription Assistance Program
- Tennessee Prescription Assistance Program
- Virginia Prescription Assistance Program
These programs are not affiliated with the government.
About USA Medical Prescription Assistance Program
USA Medical Prescription Assistance Program is a division of USA Medical, which reaches out to individuals and seniors among the estimated 100+ million people in America with inadequate prescription coverage. The Company's mission is to help individuals save money on prescriptions they need. USA Medical has been given an "A+" rating by the Better Business Bureau.
Contact: Lisa Chau, 347-871-8712, Lisa.Chau@MedAffect.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/usa-medical-offers-advice-for-minimalizing-stroke-risks-300439807.html
SOURCE USA Medical