WABAN, Mass., April 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Based on a study of 10,000 U.S. consumers, USAA took the top three spots for its banking, insurance, and credit card businesses in the 2014 Temkin Trust Ratings, which rates 268 companies across 19 industries. This is the fourth year that USAA has earned the highest trust ratings. The next 10 companies on the top of the 2014 ratings are Lexus dealers, credit unions, H.E.B., Trader Joe's, Chick-fil-A, Publix, Costco, Amazon.com. BMW dealers, and PetSmart.
At the bottom of the 2014 Temkin Trust Ratings are three TV service providers: Charter Communications, Comcast, and Time Warner Cable. These three companies also showed up in the bottom 10 for their Internet services businesses, along with HSBC (for both credit cards and banking), Qwest, and US Airways.
"USAA has built an enormous level of trust with its customers, a sign of its ongoing commitment to meeting their needs," states Bruce Temkin, managing partner of Temkin Group. "On the other hand, TV services and Internet services companies have let down customers so regularly that they've earned almost no trust."
In its fourth year of publication, the 2013 Temkin Trust Ratings examines trust levels for 268 companies across these 19 industries: airlines, appliance makers, auto dealers, banks, car rental agencies, computer makers, credit card issuers, fast food chains, grocery chains, health plans, hotel chains, insurance carriers, Internet service providers, investment firms, parcel delivery services, retailers, software firms, TV service providers, and wireless carriers.
Additional highlights of the 2014 Temkin Trust Ratings include:
- Led by credit cards and banking, 17 of the 19 industries improved their Temkin Trust Ratings between 2013 and 2014. Hotel chains were the only industry to experience a decline.
- The five highest rated industries are grocery chains, investment firms, insurance carriers, retailers, and auto dealers.
- The five lowest rated industries are TV service providers, Internet service providers, wireless carriers, health plans, and airlines.
- The five companies with the largest improvement in Temkin Trust Ratings between 2013 and 2014 are CareFirst, T.J. Maxx, Best Buy, Cox Communications, and Apple Store.
- The six companies with the largest decline in Temkin Trust Ratings between 2013 and 2014 are Holiday Inn Express, Hyatt, Coventry Health Care, Blackboard, Travelers, and Marriott.
The 2014 Temkin Trust Ratings along with other ratings can be accessed at the Temkin Ratings website, www.TemkinRatings.com.
Detailed datasets for the 2014 Temkin Trust Ratings can be downloaded from the Customer Experience Matters® blog, at ExperienceMatters.wordpress.com as well as from the Temkin Group website, www.TemkinGroup.com.
About Temkin Group: Temkin Group is widely recognized as a leading customer experience research and consulting firm. Many of the world's largest brands rely on its insights and advice to steer their transformational journeys. Temkin Group combines customer experience thought leadership with a deep understanding of the dynamics of organizations to help accelerate results. Rather than layering on cosmetic changes, Temkin Group helps companies embed practices within their culture by building four critical competencies: Purposeful Leadership, Employee Engagement, Compelling Brand Values, and Customer Connectedness. The firm's ongoing research identifies leading and emerging best practices across a wide range of activities for engaging the hearts and minds of customers, employees, and partners. For more information, contact Bruce Temkin at 617-916-2075 or send an email.
Customer experience matters is a registered trademark of Temkin Group.
Read more news from Temkin Group.
SOURCE Temkin Group