ZURICH, March 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Kickstarter smashes more than 167% its original target with one day remaining
dizmo, originally hoping to raise $25,000 from their Kickstarter campaign, has smashed their goal having received $41,858 with 24 hours still remaining, and ranked as one of the most popular technology projects during the entire campaign. With pledge levels starting from $35, dizmo is a revolutionary user-interface software invented to provide users with an easier, more direct and intuitive way to interact with their digital world.
With funding secured two weeks earlier than scheduled, dizmo is now preparing the next development phase, with backers due to receive the first edition of the production release of the software in June this year.
dizmo allows users to interact with 'dizmos' which can all coexist and be manipulated as though they were physical objects, whether that be images, videos, live feeds, controls and websites. It's the technology that makes the user interfaces from films such as CSI, Iron Man, and Minority Report a reality. Keep track of your favourite events, stay in touch with friends on social media, and monitor your security cameras or your power usage while chatting to friends via video calls, all on the same smart surface and at the same time.
Matthias Aebi, Founder and CEO & CTO at dizmo, explains: "Our dream was not only to successfully complete the Kickstarter campaign, but to build an engaged and creative community of backers and developers and to create a product with huge potential. With the support and feedback we've had from our brilliant backers, we are proud to say we've achieved that and are very excited for what the future holds."
dizmos are based on HTML5, CSS3 and Javascipt with the intention of developers taking the software further, creating their own dizmos which can then be manipulated and docked together, and also used in connection with popular development platforms such as Arduino or Rasberry Pi. It's easily installable on any standard OS such as Windows, Mac OS X or Linux.
- dizmo consists of two main elements, dizmo space and dizmos ("digital gizmos")
- dizmo space is a multi-platform application (written in optimized C++ and compiled for 32 and 64 Bit systems)
- Provides industry standard debugging environment (Web Inspector)
- Built-in access to standard JS libraries such as jQuery and Joose. Option to add your own libraries and frameworks
- Uses WebKit as a rendering engine
- Separate installer for Windows and OS X and as a binary or package for Debian or Ubuntu
- Control your dizmo setup using any touch screen, interactive surface or also with a standard pointing device such as a mouse or infrared pen
Operating Systems currently supported:
- Mac OS X 10.7. and later
- Windows 7 and later
- Linux (Ubuntu)
Minimal recommended Hardware:
- Dual core processor or better > 2.0 GHz
- 2 GByte Memory, 250 MByte disk space
- Hardware support for OpenGL, >1 GByte dedicated video RAM
You can still back dizmo on their Kickstarter page until the end of their campaign on March 6.
High-resolution screenshots, logos and headshots can be found here.
Based in Zurich, Switzerland, dizmo is developed by a seasoned team of experts qualified in building user interfaces, web technology and large scale back-end platforms. The core management team has more than 100 years' experience as professionals in the IT industry, and have successfully founded several start-ups, such as Internet Access AG, futureLAB Ltd and etoy.