SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Women over 40 have the hardest time finding a mate, according to research. So what's a midlife women to do on Valentine's Day?
"Romantics are stumped for how to celebrate Valentine's Day if they're without a sweetie. Many women over 40 are actively working to find their sweetheart, but might be without a special someone to celebrate Valentine's Day. They haven't found someone to get all lovey-dovey on this, the snuggle fest of holidays," said the Dating Goddess.
The Dating Goddess, author of the Adventures in Delicious Dating After 40 13-book series has some ideas:
- Remind yourself what a terrific catch you are. In her book, Assessing Your Assets: Why You're A Great Catch the Dating Goddess says, "Make a list of all the things you love and appreciate about you. It's easy to focus on what we don't like about ourselves. But this is the day to be your own valentine. Write yourself a poem. Put on fresh sheets. Buy your favorite flowers. Fix your favorite meal."
- Treat yourself as your valentine. Do for yourself what makes you feel loved. Indulge in something you like but don't do very often: draw a warm bubble bath, play favorite music, light candles and relax. Or order take out, get in your jammies early and snuggle down with a DVD. Or turn up the stereo and dance to your favorite music. Relish what you love to do.
- Take yourself out for the day or evening, but not to places frequented by couples. Is there a new exhibit at the museum you've wanted to see? Been wanting to luxuriate with a massage? Haven't had a facial or pedicure in a while? Pamper yourself and show yourself some love.
- Meet up with some gal pals for a group pedicure, hike, movie or night on the town. Initiate a group exercise where you all tell one thing you admire about each other. It will feel like a group hug!
- Show your appreciation to loved ones. Send free virtual bouquets from flowers2mail.com along with a note on why you're glad they're in your life. Send an online valentine card. Call to tell someone what a difference they make to you. Most people don't get enough acknowledgment. You'll be amazed how much love you get back just by sharing some with others.
"So don't let it get you down if you don't have a steady beau in your life to shower you with affection. You already have a steady love — you! Don't take yourself for granted," added the Dating Goddess.
For more information, go to http://www.DatingGoddess.com
The Dating Goddess is dedicated to providing uncommon information, insights and advice for midlife women reentering the dating world. The Dating Goddess is one of the top-ranked sites for dating after 40 and has published more than a dozen books about dating in the Adventures in Delicious Dating After 40 book series.
SOURCE The Dating Goddess