LARGO, Fla., Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Thanks to its massive reach of 44-million households per month, Valpak will continue its reign this holiday season as one of the largest providers of seasonal deals and much more. Valpak's partnership with Savings.com has enabled both companies to substantially expand their offerings across traditional, digital, social and mobile platforms. Here are some things you might not know about the deal giant, best known for its Blue Envelope® mailers, and its sister site, Savings.com:
- Valpak and Savings.com are both owned by the same parent company, Cox Target Media, meaning they're sister companies. For the consumer, that means twice the amount of deals, both digitally (online or via the companies' mobile apps) and via print/mailers.
- Valpak was one of the first coupon companies to launch integration for Apple's Passbook, and within the first 48-hours of the new integration's launch, Valpak subscribers used more than 2,800 digital coupons.
- Immediately following Valpak's Passbook integration, the app shot up to the #6 spot for free lifestyle apps in the iTunes App Store, trailing only behind the likes of Walgreens, Target and Amazon. To date, since adding integration for Passbook, Valpak's iOS app has over 57,500 downloads.
- This year, for the first time ever – thanks to its partnership with Savings.com – Valpak is offering discounts at national retail stores like Kohl's, Sears and Macy's.
- Valpak's iPad app enables consumers to actually print coupons or deal vouchers from the iPad to a wireless printer.
- As of Q4 2011, Savings.com had generated more than $1-Billion in sales and $500-Million in consumer savings. The numbers for 2012 are being calculated as we speak. Stay tuned...
- Valpak's coupon mailers have an 85% open rate.
- Valpak.com hosts 40,000 offers from local and national retailers, and content is distributed to some 150 additional sites.
- Savings.com has more than five million monthly visitors.
With mobile payments on the rise this year, payment transactions are expected to make holiday shopping and saving on-the-go more seamless than ever before. Valpak's Passbook app enables shoppers to add their favorite deals from Valpak and Savings.com to Passbook, which then alerts them with a reminder to use a coupon from their Passbook when they're close in proximity to the business. The app is free via the Apple iTunes Store here.
"Thanks to the partnership between Valpak and Savings.com, we've truly upped the ante this year for how much money consumers can save and the variety of items and services on which they can land a great deal," said Michael Vivio, President of Cox Target Media. "We strongly advise shoppers not to pay full price on anything this holiday season, and we suggest taking advantage of digital savings tools. It's part of our core mission to create informed, educated shoppers who know how to effectively stretch their budgets without compromising on quality. We're providing Valpak and Savings.com users with all the necessary tools to do just that."
Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is owned and operated by Cox Target Media, along with Savings.com. With nearly 170 franchises across the United States and Canada, the signature Blue Envelope® delivers savings and value to nearly 40 million households each month. Annually, Valpak will distribute some 20 billion offers inserted in more than 500 million envelopes. Valpak also offers digital solutions with www.Valpak.com®, an online site for printable coupons, e-commerce and coupon codes, which has nearly 70 million offer views each month, as well as apps for smartphone platforms For more information about advertising with Valpak, please contact 1-800-676-6878.
Savings.com helps you find the best deals on everything you want. Tell us what stores and categories you like, what city you live in, and we deliver the best deals for you. In addition to providing personalized recommendations, Savings.com has one of the most in-depth databases of online coupons. Shoppers can access thousands of exclusive offers from the biggest retailer names along with up to 100,000 active deals from online and national retailers, daily deal sites and grocery brands. More than 5 million shoppers turn to Savings.com each month as their trusted resource for deals and to interact with the site's popular community of online coupon experts, the DealPros™. Savings.com was recently ranked as one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. by Inc. Magazine, and it's won top awards from advertiser partners, including the 2011 Innovative Publisher of the Year from LinkShare and 2010 Advertiser's Choice Award for Top Publisher from Commission Junction.
Traveling overseas? Visit Savings.com's sister sites, Savoo.co.uk in the UK, and Savoo.de in Germany.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of Cox Reps. Additionally, CMG owns and operates Cox Target Media, providers of Valpak, a leading North American direct marketing company and Savings.com, a leading online coupon site and community. With $1.7 billion in revenue, the company operations include 15 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 86 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services. CMG operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including 30 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 18 million radio listeners. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.