ValueOptions(R) Supports New Hospital-Based Performance Measures to Help Patients Get the Best Treatment for Inpatient and Outpatient Services
There are seven HBIPS performance measures in place for hospitals which are accredited by The Joint Commission:
- Admission screening for violence risk, substance use, psychological trauma history and patient strengths
- Hours of physical restraint use
- Hours of seclusion use
- Patients discharged on multiple antipsychotic medications
- Patients discharged on multiple antipsychotic medications with appropriate justification
- Post discharge continuing care plan created
- Post discharge continuing care plan transmitted to next level of care provider upon discharge
"Coordination between Inpatient and Outpatient providers in these areas will help to ensure positive outcomes for members and their families," said
"Thorough assessments which lead to individualized treatment plans as well as discharge coordination are areas that ValueOptions(R) advocates," said
More information regarding The Joint Commission's HBIPS performance measures can be found on The Joint Commission's Web site.
About ValueOptions(R), Inc.
ValueOptions(R), Inc., the nation's largest independent behavioral health and wellness company, provides services to more than 23 million individuals through a variety of contracts with state and county agencies and, additionally, with health plans and employers. ValueOptions(R) is a national behavioral health and wellness company that specializes in management for all behavioral health issues and promotes health and wellness through innovative programs. ValueOptions(R) mission is to improve the health and wellness for the people it serves.
SOURCE ValueOptions, Inc.
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.