Verizon Business Makes It Easy for Organizations to Promote Better Unified Communications and Collaboration Professional Consulting Services Help Businesses, Government Agencies More Effectively Deploy Microsoft Lync Applications
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., Nov. 17, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Businesses and government agencies seeking to employ new unified communications and collaboration capabilities for better business performance often struggle with determining where to start and how to incorporate new technology into existing systems and processes. To provide help in this critically important area, Verizon Business is introducing new consulting services that facilitate the adoption of Microsoft® Lync™ Server 2010 across an enterprise.
Verizon Business is one of the first global service providers to offer professional services specifically designed to help organizations employ Microsoft Lync, which Microsoft announced Wednesday (Nov. 17). As a result, businesses and government agencies in the U.S. and in a number of countries in Europe can immediately take advantage of Verizon Business' IT expertise to assess, design and implement Lync Server 2010 services as part of an overall solution tailored to specific business requirements. The services are targeted for rollout in the first half of 2011 for businesses based in Asia-Pacific countries.
"Adopting new technologies can pose a challenge for even the most nimble organizations," said Anthony Recine, vice president of networking and communications solutions for Verizon Business. "We're building on our long-standing strategic relationship with Microsoft, a proven record providing managed and professional services, and our leadership delivering advanced communications solutions to help integrate and accelerate successful customer UC&C adoption across a global enterprise."
Kirk Gregerson, senior director of product management, Microsoft Lync, said, "Microsoft is pleased that Lync is now a part of Verizon's professional consulting services portfolio. "Businesses and government agencies can now take advantage of both Microsoft technology and Verizon's expertise and feel secure their Lync planning and deployment will be a good experience."
The Verizon professional services for the Microsoft Lync portfolio feature:
- Workshop and Strategic Planning Services to help identify areas of a business where unified communications can have immediate, positive impact, including identifying requirements, building critical adoption activities, and establishing success metrics.
- Assessment Services to focus on customer network performance under simulated load from Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Lync voice, video and Web conferencing applications to measure accessibility and quality of service.
- Architecture and Design Services, including Microsoft Lync Architecture and Design, Exchange Unified Messaging Architecture and Design, Unified Communications and Collaboration Architecture Design Validation, and Dial Plan and QoS Policy Design services.
- Deployment and Integration Services including the installation and configuration of all Microsoft Lync server roles: Front End, Mediation, Edge, Director, Communicator Web Access, Group Chat, Monitoring and QoE. Verizon will also assist with client configuration and Lync-specific DNS and Active Directory® configurations associated with the Lync pool or pools to be deployed.
- Unified Communications Applications Enablement Planning Services to help customers integrate their unified communications platform with line-of-business applications to increase business performance and efficiency.
With more than 30 years of experience, Verizon Business is a leading provider of collaboration services, enabling organizations to effectively collaborate for increased productivity while reducing costs and carbon emissions associated with business travel. Verizon Business offers some of the most advanced meeting tools available today as well as a wide range of professional consulting services to help organizations tailor the best UC&C strategy to meet their specific goals.
About Verizon Business
Verizon Business, a unit of Verizon Communications (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ), is a global leader in communications and IT solutions. We combine professional expertise with one of the world's most connected IP networks to deliver award-winning communications, IT, information security and network solutions. We securely connect today's extended enterprises of widespread and mobile customers, partners, suppliers and employees – enabling them to increase productivity and efficiency and help preserve the environment. Many of the world's largest businesses and governments – including 96 percent of the Fortune 1000 and thousands of government agencies and educational institutions – rely on our professional and managed services and network technologies to accelerate their business. Find out more at www.verizonbusiness.com.
VERIZON'S ONLINE NEWS CENTER: Verizon news releases, executive speeches and biographies, media contacts, high-quality video and images, and other information are available at Verizon's News Center on the World Wide Web at www.verizon.com/news. To receive news releases by e-mail, visit the News Center and register for customized automatic delivery of Verizon news releases.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
SOURCE Verizon Business