LEHIGH VALLEY, Pa., April 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Attendees looking for the distinctive green Air Products (NYSE: APD) logo at the 2016 American Coatings Show (ACS), April 11-14, Indianapolis, Ind., will instead find the company's market-leading portfolio of epoxy curatives, resins and diluents, and additives for industrial and institutional coatings under a different name and look. Air Products will be showcasing its innovative products in booth #2240 as Versum Materials, the new brand name for Air Products' Materials Technologies business.
"The ACS represents an ideal venue to communicate about the company's innovative and advanced technologies for the coatings market. We want the industry to know that Versum Materials is committed to furthering its leadership position in the industry," said Guillermo Novo, executive vice president for Materials Technologies.
Among the products and recognized brand names being showcased in the booth:
- Defoamers and deaerators such as Airase® Structured Siloxane Defomers Line (SSDL™) enabling predictable performance and faster selection.
- Pigment grind aids such as ZetaSperse® 3800, the company's newest broad utility dispersant.
- Dispersants such as Surfynol® 107L, a liquid, nonionic wetting agent and molecular defoamer with a unique chemistry that offers a range of surface active performance benefits, is nonfoaming, and will disrupt the foam stabilization properties of other formulation components.
- Superwetters such as Dynol™ 960 and 980 for improved flow and leveling.
- Epoxy curing agents and modifiers such as Anquamine® curing agents, Amicure® curing agents and polycarbamides, and chemical resistant epoxy curing agents.
Technical representatives will be available throughout the Expo (April 12-14) to answer formulators' questions and provide insight on optimizing the manufacture, performance and environmental qualities of coatings.
In addition, the company's senior principal applications chemist, Sudhir Ananthachar, will be presenting a paper, "Polycarbamide Resins for Industrial Direct-to-Metal Coatings Applications," which will share study results reviewing the chemistry and application properties of polycarbamide technology in direct-to-metal and top coat formulations benchmarked against aliphatic polyurethanes and other competing technologies.
Six "Exhibitor Spotlights" will also be available in booth #159:
TUESDAY, APRIL 12
- 9:40 – 9:55 a.m. -- Epoxy Moisture Vapor Barrier for Flooring, presented by Shafiq Fazel, Senior Applications Chemist
- 1:00 – 1:15 p.m. -- High Temperature, High Chemical Resistance Curing Agent, presented by Sudhir Achar, Senior Applications Chemist
- 4:40 – 4:55 p.m. -- Low Temperature Epoxy Curing Agents, presented by Sudhir Achar, Senior Applications Chemist
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13
- 2:40 – 2:55 p.m. -- A New Molecular Defoamer Ideal for Pigmented Systems, presented by K. Michael Peck, Senior Principal Research Engineer
- 3:40 – 3:55 p.m. -- New Defoamers for Water-based Coatings: Performance and Sustainability, presented by Jeanine Snyder, Principal Development Chemist
THURSDAY, APRIL 14
- 9:40 – 9:55 a.m. -- The Influence of Surfactants on Colorant Acceptance in Paints and Coatings, presented by Jim Reader, Lead Chemist
About Air Products
Air Products (NYSE: APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company celebrating 75 years of operation. The company's core Industrial Gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The company's Materials Technologies business serves the semiconductor, polyurethanes, cleaning and coatings, and adhesives industries.
The company had fiscal 2015 sales of $9.9 billion and was ranked number 284 on the Fortune 500 annual list of public companies. Approximately 20,000 employees in 50 countries strive to make Air Products the world's safest and best performing Industrial Gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
NOTE: This release may contain forward-looking statements within the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are based on management's reasonable expectations and assumptions as of the date of this release regarding important risk factors. Actual performance and financial results may differ materially from projections and estimates expressed in the forward-looking statements because of many factors not anticipated by management, including risk factors described in the Company's Form 10K for its fiscal year ended September 30, 2015.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/versum-materials-makes-debut-will-showcase-broad-range-of-additives-that-enable-high-performance-coatings-at-2016-american-coatings-show-300248443.html
SOURCE Air Products