LONDON, Aug. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "Increasing adoption of head-mounted displays in gaming and entertainment to drive the virtual reality market"
The virtual reality market size, in terms of value, is expected to grow from USD 1.37 billion in 2015 to USD 33.90 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 57.8% between 2016 and 2022. Virtual reality manufacturers witnessed an increased shipment of devices for various applications such as consumer and commercial among others. The growing demand for smartphones and the growth of mobile VR in the near future would drive the virtual reality market.
"The virtual reality market for head-mounted displays to grow at a high rate during the forecast period"
The head-mounted displays have a high potential for growth, owing to their easy availability and high demand in gaming applications.
"Asia-Pacific expected to be the fastest-growing region"
The presence of companies such as the Sony Corporation (Japan), HTC Corporation (Taiwan), and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (South Korea) has helped the growth of the VR market in the APAC region. The growing consumer and commercial markets with increased investments in the APAC region such as Japan, India, and China would help the growth of the virtual reality market in APAC.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people. The break-up of profile of primary participants is given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 35%, Tier 2 – 45%, and Tier 3 – 20%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives – 35%, Directors – 25%, and Others – 40%
- By Region: North America – 45%, Europe – 20%, APAC – 30%, and RoW – 5%
The key players in the virtual reality market profiled in the report are as follows:
1. Oculus VR, LLC (U.S.)
2. Sony Corporation (Japan)
3. HTC Corporation (Taiwan)
4. Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (South Korea)
5. EON Reality Inc. (U.S.)
6. Google Inc. (U.S.)
7. Microsoft Corporation (U.S.)
8. Vuzix Corporation (U.S.)
9. CyberGlove Systems, Inc. (U.S.)
10. Sensics, Inc. (U.S.)
11. Leap Motion, Inc. (U.S.)
12. Sixense Entertainment, Inc. (U.S.)
The report would help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the virtual reality market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the overall market size and that of the subsegments across different verticals and regions.
2. The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report would help stakeholders to understand their competitors better and gain more insights to enhance their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments and launches, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions in the virtual reality market.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4002077/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/virtual-reality-market-by-component-technology-device-type-application-and-geography---global-forecast-to-2022-300310599.html