SAN ANTONIO, March 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- This spring, Visionworks charms customers with their new fusion of vintage style and modern trends for this season's most affordable fashion accessory – eyeglasses. The eyewear retailer debuts frames in amplified shapes and this season's most desirable palate of colors to support each customer's unique style. And, having just opened their 700th store – even more people can now explore their personal style with these on-trend optical options at Visionworks.
"Spring is a wonderful time to refresh and revive your style with rejuvenated designs, and at Visionworks you can make a bold stylish statement without bold prices. For men, the round shape remains the strong trend and we'll see lots of classic styles including the aviator," said Sue Hopeman, Chief Merchandising Officer for Visionworks. "For women, amplified shapes and bold brow lines will lend a masculine retro feel this season, while bold and vibrant gem tones keep a feminine touch."
"We have all the top brands in eyewear, but we know finding the right frames for your face is important. That's why we offer the Better You Frame Finder on Visionworks.com," said Jim Eisen, president and CEO of HVHC Inc., and president of Visionworks. "Before customers even step foot in a store, they can upload their photo and virtually try on frames that fit their personal style and face shape."
Visionworks Top Fashion Trends for Spring 2016:
For the Guys:
- Textured Materials - This season is all about the details for men's eyewear. Textured materials offer a sophisticated upgrade for the dapper gentleman. Wood grain and matte finishes give an elevated look, while infused denim provides a fun yet luxurious feel.
- Brow Focus - To keep with the modern vintage edge, Club Masters make a comeback this season. Bold brow focus is key when it comes to this trend. Matte acetate finishes over a metal underwire creates a statement piece that updates this style from a bygone era. Bold statements not your thing? Opt for a lightweight metal frame with a two-toned front to stay on trend.
For the Ladies:
- Vibrant Hues - Gone are the days of neutral and dark palettes in women's eyewear. Bold vibrant hues are key for the everyday fashionista to dress up a frame through creativity and self-expression. Gem toned frame fronts are paired with vibrant and colorful temples for a quick frame update.
- Masculine Features - Androgynous details capture a strong on soft look that women will gravitate toward. Sharp edges, mixed material and bold brow lines will be key for this trend.
- Rounds - Rounds continue to be strong this season, and cross over into sun-wear. Full rounds give a retro feel that sticks true to the 70's era, while a double bar bridge provides an update on this classic look.
- Flat Front Metals - Life in plastic is not as fantastic, anymore. Metal frames are given an update this season with a seamless look. Polished flat front metals are paired with bold or textured temples for an elevated look. Other subtle details are a keyhole bridge and metal inlays for a modern vintage twist.
Visionworks carries quality national and exclusive brands at a value customers appreciate. Exclusive brands include Chelsea Morgan, Salsa, Robert Mitchel, Alberto Romani, Indi and Raycers. National brands such as Guess, Nike, Bebe, Vera Bradley, Anne Klein, Candies, Converse, Diane von Fursterberg, Gant, Harley Davidson, Kate Spade, Nine West and Perry Ellis are available in many stores nationwide. For spring 2016, Visionworks will add frames from Jonathan Adler, L.A.M.B. by Gwen Stefani, Leon Max, O'Neill, Sperry and Zac Posen.
At more than 700 Visionworks locations nationwide, you'll find a Better You. To learn more about Visionworks and the fashion brands they carry, visit www.visionworks.com and use the Better You Frame Finder to find frames to best fit your face shape and personal style.
Media Note: Hi-res images and samples available upon request.
Visionworks is a leading provider of eye care services with more than 700 optical retail stores in 42 states and the District of Columbia. Visionworks is committed to providing our customers with an excellent shopping experience and high quality products and services with the best value and selection in the industry. All of our stores offer famous fashion brands and our own exclusive brand frames, lenses, sunglasses and accessories along with leading technology in vision correction. Our comprehensive service offerings include contact lens dispensing, in-store labs which provide one-hour service on many prescriptions at many locations and doctors of optometry at or next to every store. Visionworks also sells contact lenses online at visionworkscontacts.com. Visionworks is a wholly owned subsidiary of HVHC, Inc. For more information about Visionworks, visit www.visionworks.com.
All trademarks and brand names are the property of their respective owners.