Visit California Partners With Entertainment Tonight For Cutting-Edge Content Integration Program Celebrities Make Their Dreams Come True in California Destinations
SACRAMENTO, Calif., May 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In a first-of-its-kind brand integration program, Visit California has partnered with "Entertainment Tonight," the number one rated entertainment news magazine show, on the "Dream It… Do It!" series. The series highlights the Golden State as a premier travel destination while documenting celebrities living out their California dreams across the state.
"California is the inspiration behind so much of popular culture – from music to television and film – so it's a natural fit to partner with one of Hollywood's most iconic programs to showcase the places that inspire so many people to make their dreams come true," said Caroline Beteta, president & CEO of Visit California. "The entertainment industry is an integral part of California's culture and this partnership is the perfect way to celebrate those that dream big."
The five celebrity dreamers were:
- Nolan Gould: The "Modern Family" star took a break from his TV siblings to learn how to snowboard on the epic slopes of Mammoth Mountain.
- Shemar Moore: He has hunted down serial killers on TV, but the one thing the "Criminal Minds" star dreams of conquering is the art of sushi at Hollywood hot-spot Katsuya.
- Eric Christian Olsen: The "NCIS: Los Angeles" star hits the beautiful beaches of Malibu to stand-up paddleboard with surfing legend, Laird Hamilton.
- Chris O'Donnell: Olsen's co-star lives out his boyhood dream on the fairway at legendary Pebble Beach Golf Links in Monterey County.
- Zendaya: The teen actress heads into the wild blue yonder with a jet-pack to take in the California coastline high above Newport Beach.
The "Dream It… Do It!" segments aired on "Entertainment Tonight" each week throughout April, culminating with an hour-long special the weekend of April 26 - 27. All of the segments and the special can be seen online at www.ETOnline.com/VisitCalifornia.
This isn't the first time Visit California partnered with "Entertainment Tonight." The collaborations started back in 2011 with a focus on highlighting celebrities' favorite things about the state –and iconic film and television shooting locations including San Diego and San Francisco.
For more information, visit www.VisitCalifornia.com/CaliforniaDreamers.
Visit California (formerly known as the California Travel & Tourism Commission) is a non-profit organization with a mission to develop and maintain marketing programs - in partnership with the state's travel industry - that keep California top-of-mind as a premier travel destination. According to Visit California, travel and tourism expenditures totaled $109.6 billion in 2013 in California, supporting jobs for 965,800 Californians and generating $7.1 billion in state and local tax revenues. For more information about Visit California and for a free California Official State Visitor's Guide, go to www.visitcalifornia.com. For story ideas, media information, downloadable images and more, go to media.visitcalifornia.com.
SOURCE Visit California