ROCHESTER, N.Y., March 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Vuzix® Corporation (NASDAQ: VUZI), ("Vuzix" or the "Company"), a leading supplier of Smart Glasses, Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) technologies and products for the consumer and enterprise markets, is pleased to announce that the Company will be attending LogiMAT 2017, which is taking place from March 14 through March 16, 2017 at the New Stuttgart Trade Fair Center in Stuttgart, Germany. LogiMAT 2017 is the 15th International Trade Fair for Distribution, Materials Handling and Information Flow. The focus of the show will be on innovative products, solutions and systems for procurement, warehouse, and production and distribution logistics. To learn more about the event, please visit LogiMAT.
The new Vuzix M300 Smart Glasses, designed and built specifically for the enterprise world, and with a growing number of successful use cases in the logistic vertical market, will be shown by several of the Vuzix Industrial Partners (VIP) exhibiting at the show, including:
- Ubimax, which will be delivering its "Enterprise Wearable Computing Suite," comprised of several solutions running on the Vuzix M100 and new M300 smart glasses: xMake for assembly assistance, xInspect for inspection tasks, xAssist for remote assistance, and especially the pick-by-vision solution "xPick" at Hall 7, booth 7F80.
- Picavi, at Hall 5, Booth 5A09, will have the M300 with live demos of different use cases that are common in intralogistics. Attendees will have the chance to experience the Picavi unique user interface and scan quality in action.
- Dataphone, will be at Hall 7 Booth: B11 with two VUZIX M300s with a Picking Demo.
- NxtBase Technology, will be at the Panmobil Hall 4 Booth, Stand 4F11 and is going to show the new Vuzix M300 in combination with a Hybrid 1D 2D RFID Scanner.
- ABAT, will be demonstrating its warehouse picking application, allowing attendees to use the M300 to pick actual trade show gifts and giveaways. Located in Hall 7, Stand 7D75
- PCData (a partner of Vuzix VIP Evolar), will be located in Hall 5, stand 5F17. Together, PCData and Evolar developed its DistribAR solution on the new M300 focused on warehouse order distribution. The DistribAR is already deployed on the M100 in commercial bakeries in Europe.
"Vuzix continues to take our award-winning smart glasses solutions to the next level and demonstrate how to increase productivity in specific vertical markets such as logistics," said Paul Travers, President and Chief Executive Officer at Vuzix. "Vuzix offers one of the largest portfolio of software solutions for the logistics markets because of its VIP and VAR programs. The return on investment is clear in the logistics vertical, thanks to the proven increase in process speeds of up to 30% via hands-free computing, while at the same time reducing the overall error rate, and reducing training time."
About Vuzix Corporation
Vuzix is a leading supplier of Smart-Glasses, Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) technologies and products for the consumer and enterprise markets. The Company's products include personal display and wearable computing devices that offer users a portable high quality viewing experience, provide solutions for mobility, wearable displays and virtual and augmented reality. Vuzix holds 51 patents and has 39 additional patents pending and numerous IP licenses in the Video Eyewear field. The Company has won Consumer Electronics Show (or CES) awards for innovation for the years 2005 to 2017 and several wireless technology innovation awards among others. Founded in 1997, Vuzix is a public company (NASDAQ: VUZI) with offices in Rochester, NY; Oxford, UK; and Tokyo, Japan.
Forward-Looking Statements Disclaimer
Certain statements contained in this news release are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and applicable Canadian securities laws. Forward looking statements contained in this release relate to the Company's new products being demonstrated at LogiMAT, and among other things, the Company's leadership in the Video Eyewear, VR and AR display industry. They are generally identified by words such as "believes," "may," "expects," "anticipates," "should" and similar expressions. Readers should not place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements, which are based upon the Company's beliefs and assumptions as of the date of this release. The Company's actual results could differ materially due to risk factors and other items described in more detail in the "Risk Factors" section of the Company's Annual Reports and MD&A filed with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission and applicable Canadian securities regulators (copies of which may be obtained at www.sedar.com or www.sec.gov). Subsequent events and developments may cause these forward-looking statements to change. The Company specifically disclaims any obligation or intention to update or revise these forward-looking statements as a result of changed events or circumstances that occur after the date of this release, except as required by applicable law.
For further information:
Media and Investor Relations Contact:
Matt Margolis, Director of Corporate Communications and Investor Relations, Vuzix Corporation
firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: (585) 359-5952
Andrew Haag, Managing Partner, IRTH Communications
email@example.com Tel: (866) 976-4784
For further sales, and product information, please visit:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/vuzix-to-display-m300-smart-glasses-at-logimat-2017-trade-show-in-stuttgart-germany-300424177.html
SOURCE Vuzix Corporation