Walden University Students to Attend the World Business Forum in New York City
College of Management and Technology doctoral and master's students gain access to global leaders in government, business and media
MINNEAPOLIS, Sept. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Eleven students from Walden University's College of Management and Technology have been selected to attend the 2012 World Business Forum on Oct. 2 and 3 in New York City. The doctoral and master's degree students from across the country will hear global leaders in government, business and media discuss ideas and trends affecting the future of the global economy. Walden is a sponsor of the 2012 World Business Forum and the university's president, Dr. Cynthia G. Baum, will introduce one of the distinguished speakers, author and researcher Marcus Buckingham , during the event at 11:30 a.m. Eastern time, Tuesday, Oct. 2, at Radio City Music Hall.
"The World Business Forum and Walden share much in common. We both believe in the power of knowledge, innovation and leadership. As a university committed to preparing our students for greater success, we are proud to be a sponsor of this year's World Business Forum," Dr. Baum said.
Students attending from Walden's College of Management and Technology are:
- Emmanuel Esem Ameh , Ph.D. in Management program, Computer and Information Literacy faculty, Colorado Technical University, from Wilmington, Calif.
- Stephanie M. Good , M.S. in Management program, human resources manager, Dutch Wonderland Family Entertainment Complex, from New Holland, Pa.
- Janet Grams , M.S. in Project Management program, engineering project coordinator, Laser Devices, Inc., from Pebble Beach, Calif.
- Hassan Halimi , Ph.D. in Management program, vice president, IT / CTO Connected Vehicle, Agero, from Carrollton, Texas
- Derrick Haywood , Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) program, logistics claims manager, Newell Rubbermaid , from Duluth, Ga.
- Ann Huffenberger, RN , Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) program, clinical coordinator, Good Shepherd Penn Partners, from Secane, Pa.
- Tisha Linen-Carter , Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) program, director of communications and design, Carter Law , from Shaker Heights, Ohio
- Kevin Miles , Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) program, chief executive officer, Avantras Group, Inc., from Elysburg, Pa.
- Theresa Noe , Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) program, sales representative, Nordstrom, from Lakeville, Minn.
- Brooke Rivard , M.S. in Human Resource Management program, human resources administrator, Tenneco Inc., from Angola, Ind.
- Yetta Toliver , Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) program, analyst/program manager, public sector, Xerox Corporation, from Lewisville, Texas
"Participating in this elite business forum will provide invaluable academic and professional benefits. Having exposure to CEOs and C-level executives will help me gain insights on the emerging trends, strategies and social change associated with developing the next generation of leaders," said Walden D.B.A. student Yetta Toliver .
Among the world-renowned speakers presenting at the World Business Forum are international business magnate Richard Branson , best-selling author Jim Collins , businesswoman and syndicated columnist Barbara Corcoran , former U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates , former chair and CEO of General Electric Jack Welsh, CEO of Xerox Ursula Burns and writer and television host Fareed Zakaria .
The two-day event will be broadcast live to students at 39 Laureate International Universities (LIU) institutions in 19 countries, including Walden, a leading online university in the LIU network.
To learn more about Walden University, the College of Management and Technology and its degree programs, visit www.WaldenU.edu/management.
About Walden University
For more than 40 years, Walden University has supported working professionals in achieving their academic goals and making a greater impact in their professions and their communities. Today, more than 48,500 students from all 50 states and more than 140 countries are pursuing their bachelor's, master's or doctoral degrees online at Walden. The university provides students with an engaging educational experience that connects them with expert faculty and peers around the world. Walden is a leading online university in the Laureate International Universities network—a global network of more than 60 campus-based and online universities in 29 countries.
Walden offers more than 65 degree programs with more than 330 specializations and concentrations. Areas of study include health sciences, counseling, human services, management, psychology, education, public health, nursing, public administration and information technology. For more information, visit www.WaldenU.edu. Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association, www.ncahlc.org.
SOURCE Walden University
More by this Source
Walden University Announces Nurses of the Year Scholarships
May 09, 2013, 14:00 ET
Walden University Receives Reaffirmation of Accreditation by The Higher Learning Commission
May 08, 2013, 11:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.