Warm Up This Holiday Season With Salt & Straw's Unique Holiday Ice Cream Gift Pack
Artisanal ice cream pack features new takes on classic holiday flavors and are available for nationwide shipping
PORTLAND, Ore., Aug. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Salt & Straw Ice Cream has put together a new holiday gift pack comprised of flavors from holidays of yesteryear such as figgy pudding, roasted chestnuts and mulled wine. They've put their own unique spin on these classic holiday flavors, using the best ingredients Oregon has to offer such as black mission figs, chestnuts, mint and Willamette Valley Pinot Noir. Pick Your Own five packs are also available for those that would like to create their own gift pack of pints from Salt & Straw's current menu of flavors. Either pack makes for the perfect gift, unique family treat or stocking stuffer (just remember the stocking is in the freezer!) and both are available for nationwide shipping.
"These flavors are a fun way to give new life to traditional holiday dishes, while also exploring the best farms, artisans and producers Oregon has to offer," says Salt & Straw owner and culinary director, Kim Malek. "Through these collaborations we've created our own unique take on dishes like roasted chestnuts and figgy pudding, introducing a younger generation and also reminding older generations of tastes from past holidays."
The Holiday and Pick Your Own five packs are $65 and available for direct to consumer shipping through Salt & Straw's website http://www.saltandstraw.com. The Holiday gift pack is available for a limited time, November 23 through December 30, 2012.
Holiday Gift Pack Flavors:
- Peppermint Cocoa: made with world famous Oregon mint from Seely Farms, Portland's Holy KaKow Chocolate and freshly crushed organic peppermint candies
- Figgy Pudding: house-made plum and chocolate stirred custard pudding ice cream with chunks of brandy-soaked, Oregon-grown black mission figs
- Mulled Wine Sorbet: Willamette Valley Pinot Noir infused with Oregon's Singing Dog vanilla beans, orange zest, cinnamon sticks and a carefully selected variety of holiday spices churned into a warming frozen sorbet
- Xmas Beer with Gingerbread: teaming up with local brewers, this seasonal Xmas Ale ice cream is packed with Grandma Malek's molasses cookies (beer and cookies? thanks Grandma!)
- Butter Roasted Chestnuts: slow-roasted, hand-cracked chestnuts rolled in melted brown butter with a dash of fleur de sel from local salt shop, Mark Bitterman's The Meadow...all blended into an ice cream that's reminiscent of warm nights in front of a crackling fire place
About Salt & Straw Ice Cream
Salt & Straw Ice Cream is a farm-to-cone ice cream company that offers unique and gourmet flavors. Their ice cream is handmade in small batches using only all natural dairy and the best local, organic and sustainable ingredients from Oregon farmers and artisans, such as Rogue Creamery, Stumptown Coffee Roasters and Olympic Provisions charcuterie, as well as imported flavors from small hand-picked farms from around the world. The company started serving ice cream from a cart in May of 2011 and then moved to their first brick and mortar location on Aug. 12, 2011 at 2035 NE Alberta St. with an expanded ice cream flavor menu and new unique sundaes, inventive milkshakes and floats along with goods from local artisans. Their second location opened Apr. 27, 2012 at 838 NW 23rd Ave. and features a new, innovative, specialty coffee drink menu, fresh baked pastries and desserts in addition to the same great ice cream menu. Favorites, seasonal and pick your own five packs are available for online purchase and can be shipped anywhere in the United States. Find more information at www.saltandstraw.com or call the N.E. Alberta St. shop at 503-208-3867 or the NW 23rd Ave. shop at 971-271-8168. Follow us on Facebook at Salt and Straw Ice Cream or Twitter @SaltandStraw.
Editors Note: Photos available upon request.
Melissa Broussard, 503-638-1055; cell: 503-702-4620
SOURCE Salt & Straw Ice Cream
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.