SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Waves Consumer, the consumer division of Waves Audio focused on providing new, personalized and rich listening experiences for modern consumers, today announced that it has started selling and shipping its first direct to consumer product. Waves Nx, is a completely new, user-centric listening experience that enables 3D audio on any headphone set with any content. The company also unveiled a website, www.waves.com/nx, where the general public is invited to learn more about 3D audio and purchase Waves Nx for $79.
Additionally, the company will be at VRDC in San Francisco on November 2-3 demonstrating its first VR application of Waves Nx 3D Audio Technology in its first ever game, Racket: Nx for HTC Vive. Racket: Nx is a futuristic fusion between single player racket sports like squash, and classic, brick-breaking arcade games. It is also the first game to feature Waves Nx 3D Audio Technology, which brings true-to-life sound spatialization that deepens your feeling of presence in VR.
"For decades, realistic, spatialized audio has been out of reach from consumers because the technology was extremely expensive and technical," said Tomer Elbaz, EVP & GM Consumer Electronics Division of Waves Audio. "Waves Nx is a real revolution because for the first time ever, 3D audio is accessible to the masses, works on everyday headphones and is easy to set up. Waves Nx is a perfect complement for listening to music, watching movies, playing games, and even conducting conference calls."
Benefits of Waves Nx
- Waves Nx is a new, listening experience that provides the best sounding 3D audio using just headphones.
- Waves Nx works with any headphones you already own. There's no need to invest in new accessories or replace your favorite headphones.
- Waves Nx adds 3D Audio to any content. It doesn't require music, video or games to be specially encoded.
- When available, Waves Nx allows playback of 5.1 or 7.1 content, realistically replicating the sound of several surrounding speakers using just your headphones.
- It's the only 3D Audio solution with head tracking that does camera-based head tracking, thus making it the only audio solution that can work with no external hardware short of a set of headphones.
- The Nx Head Tracker is a mobile play and lets users experience 3D Audio on a mobile device.
- Waves Nx is user-centric and can provide 3D Audio no matter where you are seated or how your head is positioned. With Waves Nx you can take your 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound home theater with you on the road or simply lying in bed.
Waves Nx 3D Audio Technology is a new, user-centric listening experience never accomplished before on headphones. It recreates on headphones, the same auditory cues your ears would hear in the real world. For example, in the real world, when you perceive sound it usually reaches both your left and right ears at different times, however, with headphones this distinction is rarely considered as sound goes into left and right channels at the same time. Also, in the real world, your ears perceive sound bouncing off the walls of a room which give you a sense of environment. Again, most audio on headphones does not include these secondary sound waves. Waves Nx recreates these sounds by tracking the user's head position and positioning the sound in the user's headphones to mimic the way a user would hear it in the real world. Rather than flat and static sounding left and right channels, the result is a real, dynamic and variable sensory experience that sounds like speakers in a physical room, but on any set of headphones.
The Waves Nx Head Tracker and accompanying software works for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. It is available for $79 starting today. For more information or to purchase Waves Nx visit us at www.waves.com/nx.
To request a meeting with the Waves Nx team at VRDC contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Waves Audio Ltd.
Waves is the world-leading developer of audio DSP technologies and the driving power behind hit records, major motion pictures and popular video games the world over. A recipient of a Technical GRAMMY® Award, Waves is acclaimed by top professional and prosumer users worldwide. More than 250,000 recording studios, mixing and mastering facilities use Waves' portfolio of cutting edge technologies on a daily basis to create top-selling music, movies and games. Waves' professional technologies, 25 years of expertise, and passion for sound are now utilized to meet mobile audio challenges and deliver premium audio experiences on consumer electronics devices.
For more information, please visit http://www.waves.com/ or connect with us on Twitter @WavesAudioLtd
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/waves-consumer-ships-waves-nx-a-new-user-centric-listening-experience-enabling-3d-audio-on-any-headphone-set-300354543.html
SOURCE Waves Audio Ltd.