LONDON, May 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
The US is the largest wealth market in the world, and home to a diverse and sizable HNW segment. As the population continues to age, building ties with younger generations will ensure successful transfers of wealth to beneficiaries. Less than 25% of client investment portfolios are allocated into bond investments, and with less demand expected in the future more pressure is placed on better returns from alternative investments.
- Almost half of US HNW individuals have gained wealth either as a family business owner or as a first-generation entrepreneur. Greater demand for personalized wealth management services and reaching international markets is expected.
- Gaining access to sophisticated investment products is the number one reason US HNW clients opt to have their wealth professionally managed, while 23.1% believe their portfolio is too complex to manage themselves.
- While more than twice as many HNW clients prefer discretionary mandates over advisory asset management, the latter will display the greatest increase in demand.
- Equities are the main constituent of a US HNW investment portfolio. As expected, alternative investments are gaining importance and make up 26% of an average HNW portfolio.
- Among planning services, financial planning shows the strongest demand. But wealth managers will do well to provide a complete suite of tax planning services.
Verdict Financial's "Wealth in the US: HNW Investors" report analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of US HNW investors. The report is based on our proprietary Global Wealth Managers Survey.
Specifically the report:
- Profiles the average US HNW investor in terms of their demographics and analyzes the expat opportunity in the US.
- Analyzes which wealth management mandates are preferred among US HNW investors and how demand will develop looking forward.
- Examines the allocation of US HNW investors' portfolios into different asset classes and how the allocation is expected to develop in the future.
- Analyzes product and service demand among US HNW investors.
Reasons To Buy
- Develop and enhance your client targeting strategies using our data on HNW profiles and sources of wealth.
- Give your marketing strategies the edge required and capture new clients using insights from our data on HNW investors' drivers for seeking investment advice vs self-directing.
- Tailor your investment product portfolio to match the current and future demand for different asset classes among HNW individuals.
- Develop your service proposition to match the service and product demand expressed by US HNW investors and react proactively to the forecasted change in demand.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3859711/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wealth-in-the-us-hnw-investors-understanding-hnw-investors-and-wealth-management-strategies-300276653.html