BEDFORD, Mass., Aug. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- EnterpriseDB® (EDB™), the leading enterprise Postgres database company, today announced a webinar titled "How to Realize 168% ROI with EDB Postgres." The webinar will explain how EDB Postgres customers are achieving a three-year return on investment (ROI) of 168%, according to a recent analysis by leading IT market research and advisory firm International Data Corp. (IDC). The webinar also will review the reasons why organizations are increasingly adopting open source-based database management systems (DBMSs) like the EDB Postgres™ Platform.
When: The free, 45-minute webinar will be held at 1 p.m. EDT on Thursday, August 18, 2016.
Who: Carl Olofson, Research Vice President, Application Development and Deployment, IDC. Olofson will cover analysis from the new white paper titled The Economic and Business Advantages of EnterpriseDB Postgres Database Solutions, developed by IDC and sponsored by EDB.
What: The analysis is based on interviews with EDB customers about their deployment of EDB Postgres. Olofson will review findings detailed in the new white paper showing customers' actual results from using the EDB Postgres Platform.
How to Register: For additional information and to register for the webinar, please click here.
The white paper highlights that by using EDB Postgres, organizations will:
- spend an average of 42% less on operations over three years using EDB Postgres than alternative database solutions;
- achieve a three-year ROI of 168%; and
- avoid vendor lock-in, a concern commonly expressed by the companies interviewed.
Each of the factors above has a significant effect on an organization's ROI when implementing an EDB Postgres solution.
During the webinar, Pierre Fricke, Vice President, Product Marketing, EDB, also will provide an introduction to the EDB Postgres Platform, as well as facilitate the webinar.
About the EDB Postgres Platform
The EDB Postgres platform provides organizations a comprehensive solution for adopting Postgres in the enterprise to transform core IT and develop new applications at scale at the lowest risk. It is available in three subscription models:
- EDB Postgres™ Enterprise – Advanced security, higher performance, database compatibility for Oracle® and EDB Postgres™ Tool Suites. The EDB Postgres Enterprise subscription includes the EDB Postgres Advanced Server database and database compatibility with Oracle.
- EDB Postgres™ Standard – Open source PostgreSQL for the enterprise—the world's most advanced open source DBMS—with the EDB Postgres Tool Suites; EDB Postgres Standard includes the PostgreSQL database.
- EDB Postgres™ Developer – Access to EDB Postgres DBMSs, EDB Postgres Tool Suites, and the benefits of working in a licensed, updated and supported environment; EDB Postgres Developer offers your choice of DBMS and targets developer use for a range of initiatives including new application development, application modernization, cloud re-platforming, and legacy DBMS replacement.
All three EDB Postgres subscriptions include comprehensive management, integration, migration tool suites, global support and upgrades, and are deployable across a wide range of on-premise and cloud configurations.
About EnterpriseDB (EDB) Corporation
EDB is the leading worldwide provider of PostgreSQL software and services that enable enterprises to reduce their reliance on costly traditional solutions and slash their database spend by up to 80% or more. With powerful performance and security enhancements for PostgreSQL, sophisticated management tools for global deployments and database compatibility with Oracle, EDB software supports mission-critical enterprise applications. More than 3,600 enterprises, governments and other organizations worldwide use EDB software, support, training and professional services to integrate PostgreSQL into their existing data infrastructures. EDB is based in Bedford, Massachusetts.
EnterpriseDB is a registered trademark of EnterpriseDB Corporation. EDB and EDB Postgres are trademarks of EnterpriseDB Corporation. All other names are trademarks of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/webinar-explores-how-organizations-realize-168-roi-with-edb-postgres-300311605.html