GREENVILLE, Pa., Aug. 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Werner, the trusted leader in the manufacturing of professional and consumer ladders, announces the introduction of the new Switchback™ Ladder. Designed for homeowners and contractors alike, the Switchback™ two-in-one ladder provides users with versatility and ease of use, serving as both an extension ladder and a stepladder in one, lightweight design.
The Switchback™ makes it easy to go from one mode to the other with a simple flip-and-click that changes the height and style of the ladder. This multi-position design provides a maximum reach of 15-feet* while in extension mode, the same as a 16-foot extension ladder, and a maximum reach of 11-feet* in stepladder mode, equivalent to that of a 7-foot stepladder—making it the ideal solution for a variety of tasks. From painting to hanging a chandelier to cleaning the gutters, users can now easily do multiple tasks with just one ladder.
"Werner is continually innovating across product categories and the Switchback™ Ladder is the latest example of helping users save time, money and provide efficiencies with a multi-purpose ladder," said Chris Filardi, Vice President of Marketing. "With the Switchback™ Ladder, it's easy to use, set-up, carry and store and is ideal for both commercial and consumer applications."
The new Werner Switchback™ Ladder provides a variety of product features and benefits, including:
- Multiple uses: The Switchback™ can be utilized as an extension ladder with a 15' reach* or a stepladder with an 11' reach* using a simple flip-and-click conversion to lock the rails in place.
- Lightweight: The Switchback™ is made from lightweight aluminum so it can easily be carried and stored.
- Double step platform: The overlapping rungs create a double step platform when configured as an extension ladder, providing the user with a larger surface to stand on while working.
- Slip-resistant steps: The TRACTION-TRED® extra-wide steps help to stabilize the user and ensure safety while climbing.
- Bottom step bracing: The bottom step bracing ensures stability and safety for the user.
- Load capacity: With a 225 lb. load capacity, the Switchback™ is ideal for any project around the home.
The Switchback™ ladder is available nationally at local retailers or online. For more information, visit www.wernerswitchback.com.
*Assumes a 5'6" person with a vertical 12" reach.
WERNER, a WernerCo brand, is the world leader in ladders and has a complete line of climbing products designed for working at heights. The portfolio includes ladders, attic ladders, scaffolding, pump jacks, stages, planks, step stools, accessories and fall protection equipment including harnesses, lanyards, anchors and compliance kits. From ladders to fall protection, WERNER provides a full line of climbing equipment that's engineered to give you maximum safety, durability and productivity at every height. All WERNER products meet or exceed applicable international safety standards. For more information, visit http://us.wernerco.com.
WernerCo is a privately owned, fully-integrated, international manufacturer and distributor of climbing products, fall protection equipment and jobsite, truck and van storage equipment. WernerCo has manufacturing, warehousing, sales and distribution facilities in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Mexico, Vietnam and the United Kingdom. WernerCo's international headquarters are in Schaffhausen, Switzerland and its US headquarters are in Greenville, Pennsylvania. For more information, visit www.wernerworldwide.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/werner-releases-new-switchback-ladder-300309048.html