West Makes Some of Its Most Popular Law Books More Mobile
'Making Your Case' from Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia tops the list of books produced for the company's first digital distribution effort
EAGAN, Minn., Oct. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- As electronic book readers increase in popularity with students and professionals, West is making nearly 30 of its titles available for electronic download for the Amazon Kindle. The addition of electronic versions of selected titles allows West to meet the needs of law students, law school faculty and legal professionals who are increasingly using new electronic media in the classroom, on the job and for personal use.
"We've been fascinated by the shift lawyers and law students in particular are making toward smartphones and electronic book readers," said Mike Suchsland, senior vice president, West. "Customers have responded favorably to our various iPhone and iPod touch apps, so we see this as a natural extension of our advanced media strategy - making key content accessible on a variety of mobile devices, beginning with the platforms from Apple and Amazon."
Topping the list of books now available for electronic download on Amazon.com for the Kindle device and Kindle app for iPhone and iPod touch is Making Your Case: The Art of Persuading Judges, the well-regarded book co-authored by United States Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia and Bryan Garner, editor-in-chief of Black's Law Dictionary.
Other academic and professional West titles just released for the Kindle are:
- 1L of a Ride: A Well-Traveled Professor's Roadmap to Success in the First Year of Law School
- Bankruptcy and Related Law in a Nutshell, 7th ed.
- Beyond the Brief: Communication Strategies for Lawyers and Legal Marketers
- The Complete CAN-SPAM Act Practice Guide
- The Complete State Security Breach Notification Compliance Handbook
- Contracts in a Nutshell, 6th ed.
- Ending the Gauntlet: Removing Barriers to Women's Success in the Law
- Federal Income Taxation, 11th ed.
- Guerilla Tactics for Getting the Legal Job of Your Dreams, 2nd ed.
- Immigration Law and Procedure in a Nutshell, 5th ed.
- Information Security and Privacy: A Guide to Federal and State Law and Compliance
- International Taxation in a Nutshell, 8th ed.
- Law School Without Fear: Strategies for Success, 3rd ed.
- The Leading Lawyer, a Guide to Practicing Law and Leadership
- Litigation is War
- Making Your Case: The Art of Persuading Judges
- Management of Human Capital
- Marketers Handbook of Tips and Checklists
- Now What Makes Juries Listen
- Oil and Gas Law in a Nutshell, 5th ed.
- The Opportunity Maker: Strategies for Inspiring Your Legal Career Through Creative Networking and Business Development
- Paralegal Ethics Handbook
- Political Activity, Lobbying Laws and Gift Rules Guide
- Principles of International Law.
- The Rainmaking Machine: Marketing Planning, Strategies, and Management for Law Firms
- Rediscovering Lone Pine
- The Woman Lawyer's Rainmaking Game
- Women Attorneys Speak Out
- Writing a Legal Memo
To purchase the West titles for the Kindle, search for them on Amazon.com.
Headquartered in Eagan, Minn., West is the foremost provider of integrated information solutions, software and services to the U.S. legal market. West is a business within Thomson Reuters. For more information, please visit the West Web site at www.west.thomson.com.
About Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization. With headquarters in New York and major operations in London and Eagan, Minn., Thomson Reuters employs more than 50,000 people in more than 100 countries. For more information, go to www.thomsonreuters.com.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.