What All the Ghouls are Wearing: Party City Unveils the 2011 Halloween Costume Trends
ROCKAWAY, N.J., Sept. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Halloween is the perfect occasion to completely embrace a new persona with outlandish Halloween costumes and over-the-top accessories and wigs. More and more adults are getting into the Halloween spirit, with 40 percent of shoppers dressing in Halloween costumes, according to the National Retail Federation. Each year America's leading Halloween retailer, Party City, analyzes pop culture, the latest fashion trends and Hollywood blockbusters to determine the year's biggest costume crazes. For the 2011 Halloween season, Party City unveils the top costume trends.
- Zombies: Inspired by AMC's wildly successful series, Walking Dead, zombies are perfect for people who want both gore and glam this Halloween. Zombies know how to survive in a costume crowd, and Party City offers many different zombie characters – from putrid prom queens and decaying nurses to undead rockers and comatose doctors – along with deluxe makeup kits, unruly wigs, and tattered accessories to zombify any costume.
- Mix N' Match: Party City's costume designers have fashioned customized head-to-toe looks from their thousands of accessories to create fashionable and personalized costumes, such as flirty peacocks, wild zebras and enchanting fairies. The tutu is this year's must-have costume accessory, as seen in runway shows all over the world from Milan to Paris to New York, and Party City has taken full advantage of the ever-feminine tutu by combining it with leggings, corsets, headpieces and other accessories to create one-of-a-kind characters.
- TV-Inspired Characters: Costumes reflecting the timeless and evocative styles from the recent outpouring of historical television dramas, such as Spartacus, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire and Mad Men, will be seen at Halloween parties everywhere this year. Party City's Decade, Medieval and Roman collections will help people take a step back in time.
- Nostalgia: The classic cartoon and video game characters from the 1980s and 1990s have made a big come back in recent years, and the 2011 costumes will mirror loveable Strawberry Shortcake, Super Mario, Stay Puft Marshmallow and other childhood favorites.
- Bright Delight: Pop culture figures continuously influence Halloween costumes, and this year the neon bright and provocative fashions of style icons Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj will be a big hit this Halloween. From luscious blue wigs, jeweled sunglasses and hot pink leggings, Party City carries thousands of accessories to emulate any pop star.
- Mattel's Monster High: Party City carries exclusively the new 2011 looks for Mattel's Monster High, which features the distinguished children of the word's most famous monsters, including Frankie Stein, Draculaura, Clawdeen Wolf and several others. A new favorite among tween audiences, Monster High is perfect for older children who've outgrown Hannah Montana and Disney Princess costumes but still want stylish and trendy characters to emulate.
- Superheroes: Influenced by the latest wave of comic book blockbusters like Captain America, Thor, X-Men and Green Lantern, superhero costumes will be up, up and away this Halloween season. Couples can stop villains in their tracks with Party City's officially licensed matching superhero costumes.
As the premier Halloween retailer with nearly 800 stores nationwide and twenty-five years in the Halloween industry, Party City provides the inspiration people need to transform into any Halloween character. Additionally, PartyCity.com launched several new digital components to help shoppers find this year's best costumes. PartyCity.com now features several Halloween videos, "Look Books" and photo galleries under a special Halloween & Party Ideas Tab that share fun costume ideas for both children and adults. For additional information on this year's hottest Halloween costumes, visit a local Party City store or partycity.com.
About Party City
Party City Holdings Inc. designs, manufactures, contracts for manufacture and distributes party goods, including paper and plastic tableware, metallic balloons, accessories, novelties, gifts and stationery. Party City Holdings Inc. also operates retail party goods and social expressions supply stores in the United States under the names Party City, Halloween City and Factory Card & Party Outlet. We believe Party City is America's largest party goods chain and the country's premier retailer of Halloween costumes, theme party supplies, birthday decorations and other specialty party supplies.
SOURCE Party City
More by this Source
Party City Reveals The Hottest Styles In Halloween For 2013
Oct 08, 2013, 13:23 ET
Massachusetts iParty Stores Transition to Party City Just in Time for Halloween
Sep 25, 2013, 15:47 ET
Connecticut iParty Stores Transition To Party City Just In Time For Halloween
Sep 25, 2013, 15:47 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.