What Makes CIOs Toss and Turn at Night? IT Security Among Top Tech Concerns, According to Research From Robert Half Technology
MENLO PARK, Calif., July 7, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The tech world never sleeps and, apparently, CIOs don't get much rest either. According to The CIO Insomnia Project, a recently released research initiative from Robert Half Technology, nearly one-quarter (24 percent) of CIOs cited data security as the primary worry keeping them up at night, followed by hardware and/or operating systems upgrades, with 13 percent of the response.
The research project examines the most pressing technology concerns and is based on telephone interviews with more than 1,400 U.S. CIOs. The CIO Insomnia Project also features expert advice and video interviews with IT leaders from around the country.
Other findings include:
- 65 percent of CIOs estimate the average company experiences three or more IT security breaches per year.
- As the economy improves, 37 percent of CIOs plan to implement hardware or software upgrades.
- 63 percent of CIOs said understaffing at least somewhat affects their companies' ability to implement innovative technologies.
- 34 percent of CIOs are at least somewhat concerned about losing top IT performers to other job opportunities in the next year.
- One in 10 CIOs said managing heavy workloads is the top concern keeping them up at night.
"CIOs are under escalating pressure to innovate while at the same time protecting their companies against rising security threats and managing an increasing amount of information," said John Reed, executive director of Robert Half Technology. "These challenges make it especially important for technology executives to stay connected with their peers and share best practices."
About Robert Half Technology
With more than 100 locations worldwide, Robert Half Technology is a leading provider of technology professionals for initiatives ranging from web development and multiplatform systems to network security and technical support. Robert Half Technology offers online job search services at www.rht.com. Follow Robert Half Technology on Twitter at twitter.com/RobertHalfTech.
SOURCE Robert Half Technology