Will Your Jambalaya Reign Supreme?
"Jambalaya is a mealtime staple in my family. This one-pot dish can be made with whatever meats, seafood, vegetables and spices you have on-hand, lending itself to an endless number of flavor possibilities," said
Besh offers the following tips to help inspire cooks when creating their own jambalaya recipes:
- For a vegetarian jambalaya - that packs all the flavor of a meat-filled version - add eggplant, zucchini, squash, and plenty of onions and garlic.
- Instead of using sausage, substitute ground turkey or chicken with a sprinkling of Zatarain's Creole Seasoning. Then, add a couple drops of liquid smoke flavoring.
- Add ham, ginger, garlic, scallions and a spoonful of Hoisin sauce to jambalaya, along with a scrambled egg, for "fried rice jambalaya."
A New Orleans-Style Throwdown
Home cooks are encouraged to enter the "Jambalaya Throwdown" contest by submitting their best take on jambalaya, starting with the simple Zatarain's rice mix, to www.zatarainsjambalayathrowdown.com. A panel of judges, including Chef Besh, will judge the recipes and score them on originality, taste and creativity. Contest entries will be accepted through
"While we may be partial to our jambalaya in
Zatarain's offers a number of jambalaya mixes that just require adding meat or seafood to ensure a perfectly spiced, delicious meal every time. Available varieties include:
- Zatarain's Jambalaya Mix
- Zatarain's Reduced Sodium Jambalaya Mix
- Zatarain's Brown Rice Jambalaya Mix
- Zatarain's Jambalaya Mix with Cheese
In addition to the contest, visitors to the Web site will find the "Jambalaya Generator," a tool that offers a mix-and-match format to identify the best meats, seafood, vegetables and spices to include in jambalaya. Also, Chef Besh shares new ideas and tips from his kitchen on how to dish up a delicious jambalaya meal with a fresh twist every time.
For more information about "Jambalaya Throwdown", including official rules, visit www.zatarainsjambalayathrowdown.com. Also, on this site visitors can be directed to sign Zatarain's Motion for
Since 1889, Zatarain's has been an authority on the fun and flavor of
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.