WASHINGTON, Jan. 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Blackboard Inc., a leading education technology company for teaching, learning and student engagement, is pleased to announce the first round of winners in its 2016-17 Exemplary Course Program (ECP). The biannual awards program recognizes faculty and course designers from schools, colleges, and universities around the world who develop engaging and innovative courses that represent the very best in technology and learning.
For 16 years, the ECP has recognized instructors and course designers whose courses demonstrate best practices in four major areas: course design; interaction and collaboration; assessment; and learner support. Since its founding, thousands of instructors, teachers, and designers have used the ECP to evaluate and improve their courses with recognized best practices. To be considered for the honor, applicants must be a user of the Blackboard Learn learning management system (LMS). Submitted courses are evaluated by other course developers, instructional designers, teachers, and professors as well as experts using the Exemplary Course Program Rubric.
We are honored to recognize the following instructional designers, instructors, and courses for their outstanding contributions to the educational community and student success:
- Adam Authier, Instructional Designer, Kim Lark, Subject Matter Expert, and Christine Geinzer, Subject Matter Expert, from Schoolcraft College in Michigan for their course "Contemporary America – U.S. History"
- Catherine Barber, Associate Professor, from University of St. Thomas in Texas for her course "Educational Research and Scholarly Writing"
- Torria Davis, Instructional Designer, from California Baptist University for her course "Educational Computing Level 1"
- Jason Kane, Instructional Designer, and Brad Stetson, Subject Matter Expert, from Schoolcraft College in Michigan for their course "Pre-Algebra"
- Bethany Lanese, Assistant Professor, from Kent State University in Ohio for her course "Foundations of Effective Public Health Leadership"
- Katrina Loutzenhizer, Instructional Designer, from University of Pittsburgh for her course "Introduction to Online Instruction"
"I'm proud to recognize these talented educators and course designers who are committed to finding new and innovative ways to inspire their students to learn and advance student success," said Bill Ballhaus, Chairman, CEO and President of Blackboard. "We congratulate this year's winners and we look forward to continuing to partner with them and other members of the educational community to drive student success."
Courses can be submitted for review at any time on the ECP homepage by visiting www.blackboard.com/ecp. Winners are announced at the end of each academic semester.
About Blackboard Inc.
Our mission is to partner with the global education community to enable learner and institutional success, leveraging innovative technologies and services. With an unmatched understanding of the world of the learner, the most comprehensive student-success solutions, and the greatest capacity for innovation, Blackboard is education's partner in change.
Shawnee Cohn, Blackboard Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/winners-announced-for-2016-17-blackboard-exemplary-course-program-300391853.html
SOURCE Blackboard Inc.