Winners Announced in 2012 Small Business Book Awards
- Problogging Action Plan, by Jane Sheeba
- Accelerate!, by Arnie Kuenn
- Export Now, by Frank Lavin and Peter Cohan
- MBA Preferred, by Jeretta Horn Nord and Lawrence A. Crosby
- Paper Flow, by MaryAnne Bennie and Brigitte Hinneberg
- Managing With a Conscience (2nd Edition), by Frank Sonnenberg
- Big Wave Surfing, by Kenneth J. Thurber
- The Botty Rules, by Nigel Botterill
- The Lemonade Stand, by Nick Gustavsson and Ara Bagdasarian
- Appetite for Acquisition, by Eric Gagnon and Robin Gagnon
The Small Business Book Awards recognize business books that were published in 2011 that are of interest to small business owners, managers and entrepreneurs.
In addition to the Top 10 Winners, the Top 5 in each category were also recognized as Category Winners:
Marketing Category Winners
- 31 Days to Network Marketing Mastery, by Bruce Brown and Marge Brown
- FT Guide to Business Networking, by Heather Townsend
- 31 Days to Write Better Copy, by Denise Fay
- Brand Against the Machine, by John Morgan
- Free Marketing, by Jim Cockrum
Social Media Category Winners
- The Step by Step Guide to Facebook for Business, by Kathryn Rose
- Facebook Marketing All-in-One For Dummies, by Amy Porterfield, Phyllis Khare and Andrea Vahl
- Engagement from Scratch!, by Danny Iny
- Marketing Shortcuts for the Self-Employed, by Patrick Schwerdtfeger
- Likeable Social Media, by Dave Kerpen
Management Category Winners
- Shifting the Monkey, by Todd Whitaker
- Impact Your Business, by Ken Kaufman
- Co-Active Coaching, by Karen Kimsey-House, Henry Kimsey-House and Phillip Sandahl
- Mastering Uncertainty, by Keith Bickel, PhD
- Fulfilling the Potential of Your Business, by Ian Smith
Economics Category Winners
- The Other Side of Wall Street, by Todd A. Harrison
- The WSJ Guide to the 50 Economic Indicators That Really Matter, by Simon Constable and Robert E. Wright
- J.K. Lasser's Small Business Taxes 2012, by Barbara Weltman
- Turning Myths into Money, by H. Richard Steinhoff Economics
- Locavesting, by Amy Cortese
Technology Category Winners
- The Official Joomla! Book, by Jennifer Marriott and Elin Waring
- Joomla! 1.7 - Beginner's Guide, by Hagen Graf, Henk van Cann, Andreas Kölln, Jen Kramer and Angie Radtke
- The Plugged In Manager, by Terri Griffith
- Joomla! Development, by Hagen Graf
- Provoke, by Linda Bernardi
Startup Category Winners
- The Right-Brain Business Plan, by Jennifer Lee
- Small Business, Big Vision, by Matthew Toren and Adam Toren
- From Idea to Exit, by Jeffrey Weber
- Starting Your Own Business, by Freda L. Thomas, MBA
- Starting an eBay Business For Dummies, by Marsha Collier
"One of the most surprising things to come out of the 2012 Small Business Book Awards was the unbridled enthusiasm with which authors, publicists and readers embraced the event! I've heard several authors say that they actually saw a bump in book sales as well as increased visibility," said Ivana Taylor, Book Editor at Small Business Trends, which produces the Awards. "An added plus is that the Book Awards site remains as a database of hundreds of the best books for small business and a permanent reference for readers."
"It was refreshing to see so many electronic books nominated this year for the Book Awards. It's a sign that the world of publishing is changing," adds Susan Payton, of Egg Marketing & Communications, who assisted with social media outreach for the Awards.
Says Anita Campbell, CEO of Small Business Trends, "For many of the authors, writing a book is a labor of love -- and a way to grow their businesses. The authors build their status as recognized experts by publishing books and sharing their expertise with the world. They deserve recognition."
Media Partners that helped spread news of the Awards to authors and book lovers included: BasicBlogTips.com; Your Virtual Assistant; Momeo Magazine; The Small Business Summit; SmallBizTechnology.com; BizLaunch.com; Seize This Day Coaching; BizEngine.com; PRNewswire; BookBuzz.biz, BizSugar.com; BizNik.com; Hawkeye Management; GrowMap.com; and the Indie Beauty Network.
About the Small Business Book Awards
The Small Business Book Awards, now in their fourth year, enable the small business community to nominate, show their support for, and vote on their favorite business books. The top 10 winners and 30 category winners were selected by readers based on number of votes as the Best Small Business Books of 2012. Nominations opened in January 2012, and voting was held February 1 through February 16, 2012. Over 54,000 votes were cast by the community in 2012.
The Small Business Book Awards initiative is produced by Small Business Trends, an award-winning online publication, which along with its sister sites, serves over 4,000,000 small business owners, stakeholders and entrepreneurs annually.
Small Business Trends
Twitter hashtag: #BizBookAwards
Media Contact: Anita Campbell Small Business Trends, LLC, 888-842-1186, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Small Business Trends, LLC
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.