NEW YORK, Dec. 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Women in Sports and Events (WISE), the leading voice and resource for women in the business of sports, announced its nominees for the 2016 WISE Women of the Year honors. This coveted award will be presented to three women at the 22nd Annual WISE Women of the Year Awards Luncheon on June 22, 2016 at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York City.
The following women were nominated for their accomplishments and contributions to the business of sports:
- Renie Anderson — SVP Sponsorship & Partnership Management, NFL
- Kathleen Behrens — President Social Responsibility & Player Programs, NBA
- Karen Brodkin — President, Business Affairs, WME/IMG
- Susan Cohig — SVP Business Affairs & Integrated Marketing, NHL
- Jodi Markley — EVP Content Operations & Creative Services, ESPN
- Benita Fitzgerald Mosley — Chief of Organizational Excellence, USOC
- Lisa Murray — EVP & CMO, Octagon Worldwide
- Sarah Robb O'Hagan — President, Equinox
- Michelle Wilson — Chief Revenue & Marketing Officer, WWE
These extraordinary candidates were nominated by their peers within WISE for all that they have contributed to business of sports.
The final ballot has been issued to all WISE members for a national vote, which closes at 8 p.m. EST on January 15, 2016. To view each nominee's bio, click here.
Click here to see a full list of WISE Women of the Year honorees from past years.
WISE (Women in Sports and Events), is the leading voice and resource for professional women in the business of sports. Through ongoing meetings, special events, and mentoring and educational programs, WISE aims to offer its members the opportunity to gain valuable industry insights and connections that can provide them with a competitive advantage in their current position and as they advance in their careers. Founded in 1993, WISE is a national membership organization and registered 501(c)(3) public charity headquartered in New York City, with chapters in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Houston, Los Angeles, NYC Metro, Pittsburgh, San Diego, San Francisco/Bay Area, South Florida and Washington, D.C. For more information on WISE, please visit WISEworks.org.
SOURCE Women In Sports and Events