CANNES, France, June 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- OMD Worldwide captured a total of eight Media Lions -- both as the submitting agency and as the credited media agency -- at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, making it the most medaled media network at the 2011 Festival.
Manning Gottlieb OMD London took the Gold Lion in the Best Use of Branded Content category for its "GT Academy" for Nissan and Sony PlayStation®. As the credited media partner for Renault's "The Megane Experiment" submitted by Publicis, Manning Gottlieb also scooped up two Silver Lions in the categories of Best Integrated Campaign and Best Use of Integrated Media
Spreading the wealth across the network, OMD agencies also took five Bronze Lions for the following categories and campaigns:
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods: OMD UK, "Rainy Days" for Walkers, PepsiCo
- Corporate Image & Information: OMD Sydney, "One Laptop Per Child" for Telstra
- Charities, Public Health & Safety, Public Awareness Messages: OMD Dominica, Santo Domingo, "I Swim with Marcos" for the United Nations Poverty Awareness campaign
- Best Use of Sponsorship: OMD New York, "Changing the Game" for Doritos (submitted by Goodby Silverstein & Partners, San Francisco)
- Best Consumer Engagement: OMD Puerto Rico, "Heart of Puerto Rico" for Gatorade, PepsiCo (submitted by JWT San Juan)
"This would be an impressive showing in any year," said Mainardo de Nardis, CEO of OMD Worldwide. "Considering the 34 percent increase in the number of media entries this year, we are doubly proud of the recognition, the work that earned it, and the people who made it happen."
OMD Worldwide (www.omd.com) is the leading media communications agency, with more than 8,000 employees in 97 markets serving the world's high-profile brands. OMD is recognized for its global footprint, strategic integration and creative innovation. It has been acknowledged as Most Creative Media Agency by The Gunn Report for an unprecedented five consecutive years; Adweek Global Media Agency of the Year for 2008 and 2009; and 2009 Media Agency of the Year by Advertising Age.
SOURCE OMD Worldwide