PLEASANT PLAIN, Ohio, Feb. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Americans are increasingly turning to honest, authentic products made from farm-sourced ingredients for their families. Now, with the introduction of Nutrition Boosters and a new line of biscuits and treats from LM Farms™ they can do the same for their pets.
For more than 40 years, LM Farms™ has produced natural products for small animals and birds. This spring, the much-loved and trusted pet-specialty brand will expand its product line to dogs and cats. By introducing more than 50 new artisanally produced, small-batch products, LM Farms™ is making farm-fresh offerings more accessible to pets everywhere.
"LM Farms™ was ahead of its time," said Tina Le Lay, LM Farms™ Senior Director of Marketing. "Forty years ago, when they started with a small farm in the tiny town of Pleasant Plain, no one was talking about the importance of local, farm-sourced ingredients. Today, with the expansion into new categories, we are staying true to the brand's core values and foundation. That's why we are thrilled to expand beyond small animals with the introduction of our wholesome and natural products to dogs and cats, as well."
Research shows a growing trend towards farm-sourced foods. According to The Hartman Group's annual "Looking Ahead: Food Culture" study, farmers markets and real, locally grown food are a rising trend this year. As consumers extend these ideals to their pets, the market for farm-fresh products, sourced from local producers will continue to grow.
National FFA Organization Partnership
In parallel with this launch, LM Farms™ announces a licensing agreement with the National FFA Organization, formerly known as Future Farmers of America. As a supporter of National FFA, LM Farms™ will donate a portion of every purchase to this worthy organization dedicated to the future of American agriculture through agricultural education. National FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education. Offering a variety of farm-sourced, natural products, LM Farms™ aligns with the National FFA's mission to support American agriculture.
"We're pleased to be partnering with National FFA," said Tina Le Lay of LM Farms™. "We currently purchase from local farmers across America, and the National FFA's mission to prepare the next generation of America's agricultural leaders is something that's critical to all of us who care about sustainability and quality of the global food supply."
LM Farms™ will continue to feature farm-fresh and nature-inspired ingredients. The extended LM Farms™ line includes:
- LM Farms™ Nutrition Boosters: Conventional pet food loses valuable nutrients that are often destroyed by the heat processing required to manufacture them. LM Farms™ Nutrition Boosters are cold processed to maintain the proper balance of natural essential ingredients. By sprinkling on top of any pet food, Nutrition Boosters provide an essential balance of nutrients to dog and cat meals, including omega fatty acids, probiotics and prebiotics to support brain and eye function, skin and joint health, and to support proper cellular functioning. Nutrition Boosters use farm-sourced natural ingredients, such as flaxseed and sunflower seed. The suggested retail price per bulk package of LM Farms™ Nutrition Boosters is $16.99 to $21.99 for an average 60 days supply.
- LM Farms™ Hearty Slow Baked Dog Biscuits: Loaded with natural ingredients, the slow-baked line of LM Farms™ dog biscuits provide a bold farm flavor in each crunchy bite. Available in four varieties, the biscuits feature natural beef essence, real bacon, farm-fresh chicken and fruit harvest medley flavors. The suggested retail price per package of LM Farms™ Biscuits is $6.99 - $7.99.
- LM Farms™ Hearty Small Batch Dog Treats: The LM Farms™ Small Batch Treats are made with natural ingredients, hand-selected vegetables and farm raised meats. Carrots, peas and sweet potatoes combine with beef, turkey or chicken to create three different varieties of fresh dog treats. The suggested retail price per package of LM Farms™ Dog Treats is $6.49 - $7.49.
- LM Farms™ Natural Bone Treats: Enhanced with a dose of natural Applewood smoke, The LM Farms™ Natural Bone Treats offer a bold farm flavor and aroma that dogs will enjoy. The natural flavor varieties consist of farm-raised cattle, pork and bison treats. Each flavor assortment includes thigh, knuckle and rib bones, in addition to beef hooves and pig ears. The suggested retail price per package of LM Farms™ Bone Treats is $3.99 - $9.99.
- LM Farms™ Shampoos and Freshening Sprays: Forming an array of remedy-blends, each LM Farms™ dog shampoo pairs with a 'between baths spray' to solve one of six specific coat issues. Created with gentle, non-irritating formulas, the LM Farms™ line of shampoos and sprays cleanse, soothe, and condition coats, as well as eliminate odor. These products offer a fresh, natural fragrance, with scents such as Lemongrass & Parsley and Apple. The suggested retail price per package of LM Farms™ Shampoos and Freshening Sprays is $9.99 - $10.99.
The LM Farms™ exclusive line of products will soon be available at Petco and other fine Pet Specialty retailers.
ABOUT LM FARMS™
For more than 40 years, LM Farms™ has offered wholesome products created with natural ingredients and farm-fresh quality. The LM Farms™ line of pet products was founded by Larry Mohrfield in Pleasant Plain, Ohio with small animal and bird products. In 2012, LM Farms™ introduced its dog and cat pet products, including dog biscuits and treats, natural bone treats, shampoos and freshening sprays, and nutrient supplements. LM Farms™ today offers more than 100 innovative products catering to dogs, cats, parakeets, canaries, parrots, cockatiels, finches, ferrets, chinchillas, guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils, mice, rats and rabbits —through thousands of U.S. retail outlets. The LM Farms™ website lmfarmspet.com is currently under construction. In the meantime, if you have product related questions please call 1-800-929-0051.
ABOUT NATIONAL FFA
The National FFA Organization, formerly known as the Future Farmers of America, is a national youth organization of 540,379 student members as part of 7,489 local FFA chapters in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. The FFA mission is to make a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education. The National FFA Organization operates under a federal charter granted by the 81st United States Congress and it is an integral part of public instruction in agriculture. The U.S. Department of Education provides leadership and helps set direction for FFA as a service to state and local agricultural education programs. For more, visit the National FFA Organization online, on Facebook, on Twitter and FFA Nation.
SOURCE LM Farms