NAZARETH, Pa., Jan. 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- (NAMM, Hall B Booth 5454) – The world's leading manufacturer of fretted stringed instruments and acoustic strings, C.F. Martin & Co.® (Martin Guitar), is the oldest surviving ukulele manufacturer in the United States. The company will commemorate the 100th anniversary of their ukulele at the 2017 Winter NAMM Trade Show in Anaheim, CA (January 16th – January 23rd) with the introduction of three new models – Style 3 Centennial Uke, Style 1 Centennial Uke and the 0X Uke Bamboo Natural.
In Martin's long-standing commitment to innovation, the company proudly introduces the ultimate innovation from Martin Strings – Titanium Core, which will be presented at Winter NAMM 2017. These strings, which are only available from Martin Strings, deliver the ultimate player's experience with patented technology and a proprietary winding process.
2017 will commemorate the 20th anniversary of Martin's SP core wire. Martin's SP line of strings are made with the company's premier high tensile strength SP Core Wire, engineered in 1997 to stand up to rigorous practice and performance schedules while delivering consistent true tone that guitar players can rely on.
Martin Guitar celebrates the 25th anniversary of the Backpacker guitar, a uniquely designed instrument that is ideal for the musician on the go, with a new limited edition model available only in 2017.
Building on the successful X and Road Series line, Martin is introducing three new models – 00LX1AE, DCRSG and GPCRSG that will certainly appeal to the value price consumer while retaining the Martin tone that is revered worldwide by guitar players.
Further details on the Martin Guitar models that will be showcased at 2017 Winter NAMM are below and at www.martinguitar.com/new .
- New Martin Titanium Core Strings - Martin Titanium Core strings deliver the ultimate player's experience with patented technology and a proprietary winding process only available from Martin. Players will experience a new level of comfort and response with industry leading stability and superior corrosion resistance. Martin Titanium Strings, made with true titanium core wire, nickel wrap wire, and cryogenically treated stainless steel plain strings, offer guitar players a new world class breed of strings. (MSRP: $39.99)
- 20th Anniversary of SP Core Wire - C.F. Martin is celebrating the 20th Anniversary of their innovative high tensile strength SP Core Wire. The company's flagship SP product, called "SP Acoustic" was introduced in 1997 and quickly became the string of choice for players worldwide. Artists ranging in styles from country to pop to bluegrass such as The Avett Brothers, The Milk Carton Kids, and Of Monsters and Men are loyal to their SP Acoustic strings because they keep up with rigorous practice and touring schedules. SP Acoustic strings were given a longer life with the introduction of SP Lifespan in 2010, Martin's answer for players that wanted long string life without sacrificing tone and natural feel. The third product in the line, SP Flexible Core, is made with a thinner core wire and a thicker wrap wire making them incredibly flexible yet reliably durable for beginners and fingerstyle gurus alike, like Tommy Emmanuel. Whatever a player's style, Martin has an SP string that's a perfect fit.
- Style 3 Centennial Uke - This soprano uke is limited to 100 instruments and is crafted from genuine mahogany for the top, back and sides. The mahogany headplate is inlaid with a grained ivoroid kite design found in the earliest Martin ukuleles. This uke is also equipped with a mahogany bridge and an ebony fingerboard with abalone diamonds and squares inlay, bone nut and saddle and a molded hardshell case. The Style 3 Centennial Uke is a great sounding, fun instrument that will appeal to ukulele players of all levels. (MSRP: $2999)
- Style 1 Centennial Uke -This soprano uke is limited to only 100 instruments and is crafted with a mahogany top, back and sides. This uke features a black Tusq nut and saddle, nickel peg tuning machines with black buttons, morado fingerboard and bridge and soft padded gig bag. You can enjoy this great sounding, fun uke anywhere you go. (MSRP: $599)
- 0X Uke Bamboo Natural - This unique soprano ukulele is crafted from a bamboo patterned high-pressure laminate (HPL) for the top, back and sides. Also available in green, blue or red bamboo pattern HPL. The fingerboard and bridge add a tasteful color contrast and feature Martin's Clear Fluorocarbon ukulele strings. This fun little instrument is super durable, great for travel, and sure to appeal to ukulele players of all levels. (MSRP: $449)
- Backpacker 25th Anniversary -To celebrate this milestone, we are introducing the Backpacker 25th Anniversary, available only in 2017. Constructed from sapele top, back and sides, Richlite fingerboard and bridge, black Corian nut, black Tusq saddle, black enclosed gear tuning machines with black buttons and black bridge pins with white dots. This is a fun, little instrument to travel with anywhere. (MSRP: $399)
- 00LX1AE - This Grand Concert, slope shoulder model is constructed with a Sitka spruce top and mahogany patterned high-pressure laminate back and sides, which offers a greater tolerance from fluctuating temperatures so you can take your guitar anywhere without worry. The high-performance tapered neck is constructed from a rust-colored birch laminate. A faux tortoise pickguard and Richlite fingerboard and bridge complete this model. The 00LX1AE is complete with Fishman® Sonitone electronics to make it the perfect acoustic-electric guitar at an affordable price. (MSRP: $779)
- DCRSG - The DCRSG is a cutaway Dreadnought built with a Sitka spruce top and mutenye back and sides. This guitar produces a beautiful even tone with good bass response and clear mids and trebles. The DCRSG also features a Richlite fingerboard and bridge, high performance taper neck and Fishman® Sonitone electronics to make this guitar ready for the road. (MSRP: $1699)
- GPCRSG - The GPCRSG is a cutaway Grand Performance model that is crafted with a Sitka spruce top and mutenye back and sides. This guitar produces a beautiful even tone with good bass response and clear mids and trebles. The GPCRSG also features a Richlite fingerboard and bridge, high performance taper neck and Fishman® Sonitone electronics to make this guitar ready for the road. (MSRP: $1699)
About Martin Guitar & Strings
C.F. Martin & Co. ® (www.martinguitar.com) has been creating the finest instruments in the world for 184 years. It continues to innovate, introducing techniques and features that have become industry standards, including X-bracing, the 14-fret guitar and the "Dreadnought" size. One of the world's leading acoustic instrument makers, Martin guitars are hand-made by skilled craftsmen and women, who use a combination of new design and techniques, along with those introduced by the company founder.
The company is also known for producing high-quality, popular acoustic guitar strings and they have been making their own strings since 1970. These include the successful Martin SP® Lifespan®, the fastest-growing long-life string in the industry, the exciting new Retro Strings line played and loved by Tony Rice and Laurence Juber, and the Martin SP Acoustic and SP Flexible Core lines, which use an industry leading core wire to hold tunings better.
Martin guitars and Martin strings are the instruments and strings of choice for musicians around the world (www.martinguitar.com/players ), from the icons of rock, pop, country, folk and bluegrass to those just beginning their careers. They can be seen across all segments of pop culture, from television to movies, Broadway, books, online, and gracing the covers of popular magazines on newsstands everywhere.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/world-renowned-manufacturer-cf-martin--co--introduces-titanium-core---the-ultimate-innovation-in-acoustic-strings-and-celebrates-the-20th-anniversary-of-sp-core-wire-300387426.html
SOURCE C. F. Martin & Co.