DUBLIN, April 07, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Supercapacitor Technologies and Markets 2016-2026" report to their offering.
Supercapacitors are an emerging energy storage technology that will take a key role in the future of energy systems. Whilst lithium-ion batteries are increasingly capturing the market of other battery technologies, they will never be able to compete with supercapacitor technology in terms of power and number of cycles.
This technology will supplement and, in some cases, replace the role of incumbent energy storage technologies such as lithium-ion batteries, addressing the weakest points of battery technologies such as low power, limited number of cycles and low performance at low temperatures. Batteries and supercapacitors combined offer the best solution for many energy systems from the automotive sector to grid energy storage, allowing batteries not only to perform better but also to extend their lifetime whilst reducing both CAPEX and OPEX.
With steady progress, supercapacitors are getting traction in these mainstream application markets such as the automotive and rail sectors and opening new possibilities in emerging sectors such as grid energy storage.
This report estimates that the high-power energy storage market is expected to grow almost ten-fold to $2 billion a year by 2026 up from about $240 million currently, Supercapacitors could capture about $800 million to $1 billion of that potential market opportunity.
This report provides a ten year forecast for supercapacitors in the context of the highly complex dynamics of the emergence of energy storage as a key enabling technology in the 21st century and the deep structural changes of the energy sector. We provide an update of the most recent trends in the supercapacitor industry, providing also an overview of the recent commercial developments of the key supercapacitor manufacturers and the developments in both supercapacitor and hybrid supercapacitor technologies.
Important recent market trends included in this report are:
- The role of supercapacitor technologies in the future of sustainable energy systems from electric vehicles to renewable energy and electricity grids.
- The current state of the industry in terms of market growth and recent commercial developments.
- The state of the supercapacitor market in China and how the current policy changes are affecting the industry.
- The potential role of Chinese supercapacitor manufacturers in the future competitive landscape of the sector.
- The emerging new players in Europe.
- The new opportunities for growth inside and outside China.
Important recent technology trends included in this report:
- The role of aqueous electrolyte based supercapacitor technology and the implications for the sector.
- How supercapacitor products are improving performance reaching in order to comply with end user requirements.
- Competitor technologies for supercapacitor in different sectors.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary And Market Forecast
2. State Of The Supercapacitor Market 2015
3. Supercapacitors Main Competition: Lithium Titanate Batteries
4. Markets For Supercapacitors
- Duke Energy
- ESM Digital Solutions
- Maxwell Technologies
- Nippon Chemi-Con
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c97v6m/supercapacitor
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/world-supercapacitor-technologies-and-markets-report-2017-analysis-and-forecasts-for-the-2-billion-industry-2016-2026---research-and-markets-300436476.html
SOURCE Research and Markets