World's Biggest Television Stars Go Platinum at the 61st Primetime Emmy Awards
LOS ANGELES, Sept. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- While the awards might be gold, our favorite television stars opted for platinum jewelry on the red carpet at the 61st Primetime Emmy Awards. Style expert Michael O'Connor notes that "classic Hollywood glamour is the hottest trend on the red carpet this year." O'Connor adds that "celebrities are choosing to make a statement with their jewelry by highlighting either their neck, wrists or ears with bold pieces." Platinum is favored on the red carpet because it's a naturally white metal so it maximizes the brilliance of rare gemstones.
Following is a list of platinum baubles that celebrities wore on the red carpet and at parties:
- Kristin Chenoweth: Platinum and diamond stud earrings, and a platinum ring with a 15-carat aquamarine by Tiffany & Co.
- Christina Applegate: Blackened platinum and 60-carat blue sapphire ring by Lorraine Schwartz.
- Blake Lively: Platinum and 20-carat diamond stud earrings, platinum and 14-carat diamond ring, platinum and diamond bracelet with rock crystals by Lorraine Schwartz.
- Olivia Wilde: Platinum and diamond earrings and bracelet by Kwiat.
- Elisabeth Moss: Platinum and diamond earrings by Jacob & Co.
- Lisa Edelstein: Platinum and diamond "Flower" ring by Fei Liu. Platinum earrings and bracelets with diamonds and pearls by Neil Lane.
- Melora Hardin: Platinum and 3-carat yellow diamond earrings, platinum and 15-carat yellow diamond bangle, and a platinum and 20-carat diamond ring by Chopard.
- Alyson Hannigan: Platinum and 28-carat diamond earrings, platinum and 70-carat diamond bracelet, and a platinum and 11-carat diamond ring by Chopard.
- Tina Fey: Platinum and diamond earrings with onyx, and a platinum bangle by Fred Leighton.
- Jessica Lange: Platinum and diamond bracelet by Kwiat.
- Mariska Hargitay: Platinum and diamond ring by Fred Leighton.
- Marcia Gay Harden: Platinum earrings with pink diamonds by Fred Leighton.
- Toni Collette: Platinum bracelet with diamonds and jade by Fred Leighton.
- Maria Menounos: Platinum and diamond drop earrings, platinum and 24-carat diamond bracelet, and a platinum and 10-carat ring by Chopard.
- Chandra Wilson: Platinum and 37-carat diamond pendant, platinum and 12-carat diamond earrings, and a platinum and 11-carat diamond ring by Chopard.
- AnnaLynne McCord: Platinum "Shibuki" necklace by Yuka Kobayashi for Kuwayama from Japan.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus: Platinum and diamond chandelier earrings and a ring by Neil Lane.
- January Jones: Platinum and diamond earrings and bracelet by Neil Lane.
- Alicia Witt: Platinum and diamond earrings and bracelets with onyx by Neil Lane.
- Patricia Arquette: Platinum and diamond earrings, ring and bracelet by Neil Lane.
- Karina Smirnoff: Platinum and diamond earrings, necklace and ring by Erica Courtney.
- Kathy Griffin: Platinum and diamond bracelet, earrings and ring by Neil Lane.
- Glenn Close: Platinum and diamond earrings by Fred Leighton.
- Kate Flannery: Platinum and diamond stud earrings with jasmine drops, and platinum and diamond four strand pearl bracelet by Erica Courtney. Platinum and diamond brooch by Platt Boutique Jewelry. Platinum and diamond bracelet by Neil Lane.
About Platinum Jewelry
Platinum is prized for its Pure, Rare and Eternal qualities:
PURE: Platinum's high level of purity (generally 90%-95% pure) endows it with both a natural white luster, allowing the true radiance of a diamond or gemstone to shine; and hypoallergenic qualities that prove ideal for sensitive skin.
Only the purest platinum jewelry will bear a stamp reading "PLATINUM", "PLAT", "Pt 950", or "Pt 900", signifying the jewelry is 90% to 95% pure platinum.
RARE: Platinum is 30 times more rare than gold.
ETERNAL: Platinum will hold a diamond or gemstone securely, now and for always.
For more information on platinum jewelry, please visit www.preciousplatinum.com
SOURCE Platinum Guild International USA
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.